• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Artist`s signature in book.

43 posts in this topic

My NM- copy of ASM #331 has what appears to be Erik Larson`s signature on the first page down over the indicia.Of course I have no way of verifying or proving it.I never noticed it in the past.Just curious how that could affect the grade of the book.I guess it is possible somebody had it signed at a con or something.

Larson`s work on ASM was nice but it always kind of comes across as McFarlane Light. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It would probably not affect the grade at all unless the book is a candidate for 10.0. It would get a blue label with a notation that the name "Erik Larsen" was written on the first page in pen.

My NM- copy of ASM #331 has what appears to be Erik Larson`s signature on the first page down over the indicia.Of course I have no way of verifying or proving it.I never noticed it in the past.Just curious how that could affect the grade of the book.I guess it is possible somebody had it signed at a con or something.

Larson`s work on ASM was nice but it always kind of comes across as McFarlane Light. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It would probably not affect the grade at all unless the book is a candidate for 10.0. It would get a blue label with a notation that the name "Erik Larsen" was written on the first page in pen.

screwy.gif

screwy.gif

OK, then explain this to me:

Linky dink

In fact, why don't you find me one book with an interior signature that got a green label because of the signature. yeahok.gif

No affect on the grade, but it would receive a Green Label.

It wouldn't Affect the grade, but would have an Effect on the grade! grin.gif

It would have no more or less an effect than anyone's signature in ink on the book, and it would receive a Green Label. sumo.gif

I don't think that's correct, if the signature is on the inside as opposed to the cover. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

foreheadslap.gifMissed the part about the sig. being on the first page. I thought it was on the cover boo.gif

In fact, why don't you find me one book with an interior signature that got a green label because of the signature. yeahok.gif

Find me one book post-1970 with a signature and a blue label . . . blush.gif

I don't think that's correct, if the signature is on the inside as opposed to the cover. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

foreheadslap.gifMissed the part about the sig. being on the first page. I thought it was on the cover boo.gif

oops FFB, me too! (I guess that's why we're not lawyers!) grin.gif

Pay to get my FF 100 slabbed and I'll show you a 1970 one!!! hi.gif

Find me one from ANY era with a green label due to an interior signature. confused-smiley-013.gif

Pay to get my FF 100 slabbed and I'll show you a 1970 one!!! hi.gif

Slab your own friggin FF 100! sumo.gif

stooges.gif

Green label is the Qualified Grade right?Meaning that for all intents and purposes it grades at, say 9.2, but that the signature does not fit current grading criteria,so the book w/ sig. can`t be graded as equal to a like book without sig.

Maybe I should have said a qualified 9.2 is the grade it would get if the signature were not present?

I think I got it... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif