• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dallas Sci-Fi Expo -- February 8-9, 2014

116 posts in this topic

The guest list for Fan Days was exceptionally good, in my opinion, so hopefully the February show will be just as good. I'll be in Australia on a fellowship for 5 months, but otherwise I'd be there as these are generally solid shows.

Wish they would start making some announcements (outside of this) so I know whether or not to plan this one out for 2014. So far I'm planning on the 2 Wizard Worlds, and Capital City. But this one or the Fan Days they do in May are always cool to check out.

Wish they would start making some announcements (outside of this) so I know whether or not to plan this one out for 2014. So far I'm planning on the 2 Wizard Worlds, and Capital City. But this one or the Fan Days they do in May are always cool to check out.

Despite their faults, of which there are many, I do really enjoy these Dallas shows and look forward to them. They tend to be very solid shows, and they always have guests I'd like to meet and I get to buy a book or three that I like. They'll never be SDCC or Chicago, but they're fun little shows.

I do wish they could change venues though...

Yeah same here, felt like making the two women for DWC go up and down to the third floor from their position on the first floor to get a few Signatures. Funniest part was when we made it the first time after I had checked on the artist he wasn't their so they had to do it a second time.

Looks like they'll finally be moving this show. The February show will be in Irving at the usual venue, but the big May show will be downtown at the Dallas Convention Center. I hope this will be a positive change, they're claiming that they'll have 4 times the floor space of Irving so that certainly sounds good.

They probably saw some reviews on the Alamo City Comic Con layout and realized it was simply time to finally listen to the masses. Hope they have a good set of creators and artists this May as I really enjoyed the one I went to in 2012. Either way should be good for those of us in Texas and hope the February lists start to get posted to build up some interest.