• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Am I missing something?

10 posts in this topic

These auctions ended within 24 hours of each other on eBay earlier this week:

Batman 84 CGC Universal 6.5

Batman 84 CGC Universal 6.0

The 6.5 goes for $630 and the 6.0 goes for $330. Both sellers have a 100% feedback rating. None of the Sparkle City underbidders went after the other one (shrug) Now that's a highly dedicated customer base!

The 6.5 goes for $630 and the 6.0 goes for $330. Both sellers have a 100% feedback rating. None of the Sparkle City underbidders went after the other one (shrug) Now that's a highly dedicated customer base!

SC will usually get a premium price, particularly in contrast with a relatively low fb seller who has been on eBay for less than one year. Without denigrating this particular seller in any way, apart from the fear of outright scamming, there is always the potential hassle of slow shipping, poor packaging, and other problems that can arise when dealing with inexperienced sellers.

SC will usually get a premium price, particularly in contrast with a relatively low fb seller who has been on eBay for less than one year. Without denigrating this particular seller in any way, apart from the fear of outright scamming, there is always the potential hassle of slow shipping, poor packaging, and other problems that can arise when dealing with inexperienced sellers.

+1

That's true too. I am just a little bitter if you can't tell :Dlol

So a book with:

• WAY better scans/pictures,
  • a more professional looking listing
  • being sold by a better known ebay seller,
  • who has a mailing list,
  • and a marketing strategy

sold for more?

Shocking.

I think the 6.0 underperformed a bit, but it wasnt way out of line (still sold for more than 4.5, 5.0s have gone for, and the 6.5 didnt sell for more than a 7.0 went for last year.

So a book with:
  • WAY better scans/pictures,
  • a more professional looking listing
  • being sold by a better known ebay seller,
  • who has a mailing list,
  • and a marketing strategy

sold for more?

Shocking.

I think the 6.0 underperformed a bit, but it wasnt way out of line (still sold for more than 4.5, 5.0s have gone for, and the 6.5 didnt sell for more than a 7.0 went for last year.

:golfclap:

This guy gets it.

date/time is also a key factor

(ending) Sunday night auctions always do better than Monday night auctions at 12am/1am CT/ET

Agreed.

I also think the underperformer listed their book on Monday, so they didnt get the usual monday morning "lets see what got listed on sunday" email notificaitons (at least those are the ebay alerts I pay the closest attention to), their listing went out on the Tuesday emails...