• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you happen to be bored, what on this extensive list is slab-worthy?

26 posts in this topic

Thought I'd take a crack at this too. You do have other books that are on the borderline of potential grading (i.e., worth grading). But I thought the following list was the most conservative (in my opinion).

************************************************************************************

All-Star Comics #58, #69

Batman #357, #368

Batman Adventures #12, #28

Batman Adventures: Mad Love

Batman: Harley Quinn

Batman: Vengeance of Bane #1

Dark Horse Presents 5th Anniversary Special

Forever People (1971) #1

Incredible Hulk #377 (Only if it's a 3rd Print)

John Byrne's Next Men (1992) #21

Marvel Zombies (2006) #1

Nyx (2003) #3

Preacher (1995) #1

San Diego Comic-Con Comics #2

Sandman ('89) #1, #8 (Only if Karen Berger variant)

Secret Wars #8

Strangers in Paradise #1 (Only if 1st Print)

Superman: Man of Steel #17, #18 (Only if 1st and 5th prints)

Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen #134

World's Finest Comics #223

The caveat to this list is that Copper/Moderns can (to the best of your knowledge) get at least 9.6s and Silver/Bronze can get at least 9.2s. For example: I probably would not risk spending money on a Next Men #21 if it only could receive a 9.4 (or lower). Or a Forever People #1 if you think it will grade under 9.2. Clearly there are no guarantees, but if you have a good eye for grading, then I would (in my opinion) stick with the above cut-offs for grades.

You have some nice books there! Good luck!!

Meck

You are correct. BUT I'm taking into consideration the risk of possibly not getting a 9.8. A regular edition Sandman #8 in 9.6 sold this year for only $61.

Of course, if all of these books are guaranteed to come back 9.8 (or CGC only charged $5 to slab), there are a bunch more I would add to my list.

Not trying to be argumentative. Just factoring in the cost this guy will incur for the CGC fees.

Meck

You are correct. BUT I'm taking into consideration the risk of possibly not getting a 9.8. A regular edition Sandman #8 in 9.6 sold this year for only $61.

Of course, if all of these books are guaranteed to come back 9.8 (or CGC only charged $5 to slab), there are a bunch more I would add to my list.

Not trying to be argumentative. Just factoring in the cost this guy will incur for the CGC fees.

Meck

That's why you prescreen