• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NY POST ARTICLE - NYCC "SHOWER PLEASE!!"

49 posts in this topic

As soon as the doors opened I noticed a few "stinkers" in the crowd...

I can't imagine what Today and Tomorrow are going to be like.

Is it that hard to just bring an extra thing of deodorant with you? And swab yourself once or twice throughout the day even if you don't think you need it?

Honestly, I can deal with BO. It isn't pleasant but it is a cultural thing when it comes to deodorant or how frequently clothes are washed.

The sour, damp clothes, wet dog, greasy hair, bad azz smell is what bothers me.

Splash some Canoe on you filthy animals.

I haven't been to a ton of cons, but I can honestly say I've never noticed people's BO issues. Maybe I wasn't trying to though...

I've always noticed that the stupid one of the group doesn't realize he's stupid. hm

:baiting:

I don't get it... :insane:

hm

HA!!

Apologies if this has been posted already.

Article in today's NY Post on NY Comic Con protocol:

http://nypost.com/2013/10/10/comic-con-plea-shower/

Nice of them to go straight for the stereotype, the friggin' jagoffs.

In a message pasted on the event’s official website, Comic Con demands that nerdy attendees wash themselves and use deodorant after they emerge from their moms’ basements to attend the event.

The official website has a slightly different tone:

Things tend to get hot at NYCC with so many fans around and you don’t want to be the stinky one! Do everyone a favor and shower before and wear clean clothes!

MY mom doesn't have a basement. She let's me occupy the shed, however.

It's a COACH HOUSE!!!

3075_4.jpg

HA!!

Apologies if this has been posted already.

Article in today's NY Post on NY Comic Con protocol:

http://nypost.com/2013/10/10/comic-con-plea-shower/

Nice of them to go straight for the stereotype, the friggin' jagoffs.

In a message pasted on the event’s official website, Comic Con demands that nerdy attendees wash themselves and use deodorant after they emerge from their moms’ basements to attend the event.

The official website has a slightly different tone:

Things tend to get hot at NYCC with so many fans around and you don’t want to be the stinky one! Do everyone a favor and shower before and wear clean clothes!

MY mom doesn't have a basement. She let's me occupy the shed, however.

It's a COACH HOUSE!!!

3075_4.jpg

lol

^^

Honestly, I can deal with BO. It isn't pleasant but it is a cultural thing when it comes to deodorant or how frequently clothes are washed.

lol

Do you Canoe?

lol

Do you Canoe?

:facepalm:

My father still wears Canoe. He also stills wears Brut and some musk from the Bahamas that he keeps re-upping annually.

Was there today. It really wasn't that bad, outside of the crowds. There were a few female cos-players walking in front of me as I was going to artist alley that smelled really nice. But, they were females. Didn't run into any stinky guys yet. Saturday and Sunday is a different animal, let's hope I can make through. :wishluck:

I'm driving back and it was pretty gross. Not to say everyone was gross, but people shock me when they leave the house smelling like sour dough bread.

:sick:

Thanks, after 30 years of enjoying it. I can no longer eat sour dough bread.

I'm driving back and it was pretty gross. Not to say everyone was gross, but people shock me when they leave the house smelling like sour dough bread.

How dare you sir! Don't confuse the sweet scent of sourdough with with the stank of virginity and desperation!!