• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the WORST comic buying decision you ever made???

122 posts in this topic

I bought a PGX Avengers 1 2.0 I cracked it out and all the pages were completely split. What an effin mess.

My last two purchases was an awesome Silver Surfer #4 CGC 8.0,by a guy who supposedly has junky drawers.

And a Dead World #10 by a guy who seems to like Bosco alot. (shrug)

Flawlessly beautiful buys. :cloud9:

In the 1970/80s buying 20 x $1.00 books from catalogs every month, instead of buying 1 x $20.00 book every month.

Selling all my Spidey duplicates on ebay when it first started, far too cheap.

Selling my NM Silver Surfers and X-men, when I was skint.

Not buying a Amazing Spiderman #1 & Amazing Fantasy #15 both NM in my memory, for £1000, when I was offered them in the 1980s at a comic mart, I thought they were too expensive :tonofbricks:

I bought a PGX Avengers 1 2.0 I cracked it out and all the pages were completely split. What an effin mess.

My last two purchases was an awesome Silver Surfer #4 CGC 8.0,by a guy who supposedly has junky drawers.

:cloud9:

:cloud9:

(worship)

Best buying decision: Realizing how limited my allowance and income was in the 90s, since I was a kid, and only buying what I liked reading. Was able to buy some great bronze and silver books at yard sales with the money left over. Because of this, my 90s comic memories aren't so bad.

Bought 2 New X men omnibus's for $150 each days before the second printing was announced. Luckily, I was able to sell them for what I paid even after the second printing had been already released. All in all, not that bad.

Best purchase was 3 long boxes of comics from a guy who's wife to be was making him sell his collection off. I paid $600 and the collection included mid grade copies of X-men 94 and Hulk 181, and high grade copies of ASM 300 and New Mutants 98. Had a pretty good run of McFarlane spidey's and a bunch of Valiants that may have some value too. Have to go back and check them out at some point. hm

Worst selling decision is easy as it is the only comic I've ever sold. Had a VF copy of X-men 94 that I sold to my LCS for $65 back in the late 80's. I'll just lump the late 90's moderns into one big bad purchase. One that sticks out is Paying about $20 for a copy of JLA #1 (1997) because Wizard told me too. :sorry:

My Batman #232 CGC SS 9.2...

I bought your CGC SS 8.5, and was grateful as a fellow Adams fan. :foryou:

And you are still welcome, my friend :D I don't regret who I sold any of the aforementioned books to

(all were sold to boardies, who have yet to flip them lol )

I can only think of one purchase that I wish I could do over. I bought a $150 dollar book at the Baltimore con a while ago. For some reason I didn't take it out to inspect it. When I got home and took it out I realized the bc had a huge rip.

:tonofbricks:

Strange thing is I can't remember what the book was. hm

Buying an old Tales from the crypt comic at a downtown comic shop listed as VG, drove 70 miles home then pulling it out of the bag to find the book had a large chunk of Rat Chew taken out of the back of the book.

Five years later buying an Archie 35 that looked to be in fine condition, then driving 70 miles home to find the book had a large portion of Rat Chew in the back of the book. (Not learning my lesson the first time.) :facepalm:

Buying an old Tales from the crypt comic at a downtown comic shop listed as VG, drove 70 miles home then pulling it out of the bag to find the book had a large chunk of Rat Chew taken out of the back of the book.

Five years later buying an Archie 35 that looked to be in fine condition, then driving 70 miles home to find the book had a large portion of Rat Chew in the back of the book. (Not learning my lesson the first time.) :facepalm:

From the same place?