• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Nova 1

9 posts in this topic

Hi everybody, I picked this up today and am very tempted for it to be my first slabbed comic.

The guy i bought it from had it listed as a 9.0, but my grading skills are amateur to say the least. Would love to hear some thoughts on it.

Cheers :headbang:

EDIT: Updated scans and added a non scan, looks a lot more colourful in hand.

novaf_001.jpg

npvabb_001.jpg

nova.jpg

Sorry guys, I just can't seem to get a proper scan of it.

So roughly around a 7.0? That's a bit of a bummer, but I guess its to be expected right?

I paid $40 for it, so I don't feel like I got too ripped off, I'm still really happy I got it. Do you guys think its worth sending it in?

Sorry guys, I just can't seem to get a proper scan of it.

So roughly around a 7.0? That's a bit of a bummer, but I guess its to be expected right?

I paid $40 for it, so I don't feel like I got too ripped off, I'm still really happy I got it. Do you guys think its worth sending it in?

IMHO I think the book is more along the lines of 8.0 to 8.5.

Looks like a few colour breaking spine ticks, a blunted corner and maybe some slight impact damage along the RHS of the front cover.

I don't think it warrants being stabbed because this book is not rare, it's modern (or bronze age more appropriately I think) and it's not high grade. If this was 9.4 or higher I would consider stabbing it. Anyone else have an opinion here? (shrug)

I think a 7.0 is being unduly harsh.

Unless there's a few non-color breaking bends I can't see, I'd give this a 9.0.

Why was the scan of the book in the bag included?

Bag-free scans are best.