• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The $18,000 Windfall List - What Would You Do If You Had $18K for Comics?

105 posts in this topic

TOS 39 is a great book...but I think the "Iron Man" bubble has either busted or leveled off.....I may be wrong, but Spidey, Avengers, FF are the future now.......along with many others.....

I beg to differ. :cool:

The only reason I say that is that Iron Man is associated with the Avengers. And will there be another 4th Iron Man movie? Probably not....But another Avengers is certain.

I think cap 1 is going to rise even more then any others with the movie.

If I had $18,000 to spend on a comic, why would I worry about whether or not it's going to rise in value?

He's My second favorite character and That book would be my grail of my favorites I'm missing Asm 129 I have signed by the creators in a 6.5 I'd take a cap 1 in any grade those are two books I'd never get rid of so the book going up is just a bonus. However if I'm spending 18 racks on a book it better continue to rise in value. That's a lot of coin to spend.

TOS 39 is a great book...but I think the "Iron Man" bubble has either busted or leveled off.....I may be wrong, but Spidey, Avengers, FF are the future now.......along with many others.....

I beg to differ. :cool:

Yeah, me too (beg to differ) Iron Man is now clearly established as an A list character.

18K could get you a TOS 39 or an X-Men 1 in 8.5. If you want to role the dice Daredevil 1 in 9.4 has really lost a fair amount of value the past two years and I think is now substantially undervalued. You'd have substantial change left over with a DD 1 in 9.4

I would buy a nice representative sampling of the Pre-Hero Marvel Kirby/Ditko books in the Fine range.

I like this idea but having the money is only part of the challenge. Finding the

Pre-Hero Marvels for sale is tough.

I would buy a nice representative sampling of the Pre-Hero Marvel Kirby/Ditko books in the Fine range.

I like this idea but having the money is only part of the challenge. Finding the

Pre-Hero Marvels for sale is tough.

Agreed, but the search was always a good piece of the fun!

It would probably be hard for me to spend 18 grand on comics. There's a few BA/CA keys in the low four figure range I would get, maybe. There's a ton of comics in the $50-$100 range and under I'd like to have, but at that point I'd have to think about space. I'd definitely have a respectable underground collection. I'd definitely buy a ton of premium hardcovers, but it would be really hard to spend five figures on that.

ToS39 for me as well. Not as an investment, as a 'Want'. My Favourite character, and ToS got me into collecting in the first place.

The probably Avengers 1 and 4 in whatever grade I had the money left for.

18 K

Keep all high quality and 1st appearances listing below showing grade costn and 1st appearance

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #129 9.8 $2,000.00 1st Punisher

INCREDIBLE HULK, #181 9.6 $3,000.00 1st Wolverine

AVENGERS #4 9.0 $4,000.00 1st Captain America

DETECTIVE COMICS #59 9.4 $3,000.00 1st Penguin

SUPERMAN #30 9.4 $5,000.00 1st Mxyzptlk