• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harley Yee Ebay Listings

15 posts in this topic

So, Harley's Ebay site currently shows that he has no listings. I know last week he had his usual bunch of books listed. I sent him an email and called him, but I have not heard anything back yet. I know from experience working with him that he can be a little slow to return email or calls, so with that being said, anyone have any insight or thoughts as to when he will post new listings on his Ebay.

This is not a response of "smart response"

I tend to notice that it is quite arbitrary when he posts new listings depending on his con circuit schedule. This was a nicer way of saying "whenever he feels like it."

SparkleCity seems to be the only regular (like clockwork) eBay comics dealer. But I must also point out that is all SparkleCity seems to do. They do not have a show presence so that allows them to simply concentrate on their listings.

That is kinda what I thought as well. I figured he took them all down prior to NY Comicon and just has not git around to putting them back up yet given his crazy con schedule. I was just wondering if someone had talk to him recently that knows anything.

He's currently in Australia, one week after one of the largest conventions in NA. His schedule is nuts.

Man that guys schedule sure is crazy. I have no idea how he maintains it. This certainly explains why he hasn't put anything up on Ebay.

My impression is that he had been encountering problems with people hitting the BIN on eBay books that he had already sold at convention. I guess he decided to take everything down until the end of con season so that he didn't tank his eBay rating.

I tend to notice that it is quite arbitrary when he posts new listings depending on his con circuit schedule. This was a nicer way of saying "whenever he feels like it."

SparkleCity seems to be the only regular (like clockwork) eBay comics dealer. But I must also point out that is all SparkleCity seems to do. They do not have a show presence so that allows them to simply concentrate on their listings.

This isn't case of not posting new listings; he took down all of his listings, which is unusual for him. His eBay store is empty and his Web site is defunct, so for now he's convention only, I guess.

This isn't case of not posting new listings; he took down all of his listings, which is unusual for him. His eBay store is empty and his Web site is defunct, so for now he's convention only, I guess.

I hope this isn't the case that he is convention only. He generally has a good selection of some harder to find titles and that would really limit his customer access. :tonofbricks:

I hope this isn't the case that he is convention only. He generally has a good selection of some harder to find titles and that would really limit his customer access. :tonofbricks:

if I had to guess, he will have everything back up on eBay in a few weeks.

He'll probably need to go through and make sure his inventory lists are up to date so he doesn't list something on e-bay that already sold. That could take a bit of time.

He'll probably need to go through and make sure his inventory lists are up to date so he doesn't list something on e-bay that already sold. That could take a bit of time.

Thanks everyone for the replies. Much appreciated.

My impression is that he had been encountering problems with people hitting the BIN on eBay books that he had already sold at convention. I guess he decided to take everything down until the end of con season so that he didn't tank his eBay rating.

This was my unfortunate experience with buying from him off eBay.

He's currently in Australia, one week after one of the largest conventions in NA. His schedule is nuts.

:o If he's doing a con in Australia, how in the heck does he afford to ship all his books and stands there? Seems like a HUGE expense in order to make a profit. Kudos to him though if he does! (worship)

Harley is so busy with conventions.I don't even know how he can run an Ebay account.

No kidding. Is there a week that goes by when the guy is not at some convention or traveling? I don't see how he has time to monitor his inventory and ship books. It just seems impossible.