• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC 9.0 with tape pull!!

37 posts in this topic

Nice price already, I guess the PLOD doesnt matter to all. Surprised the reserve is not met though 893whatthe.gif

it closed at almost $32,000 with the reserve NOT being hit 893whatthe.gif

i know this is the hugest of books but since when does a restored book NOT sell at 98% of unrestored guide?!?!?!?!?

and, IF you could have the resto removed and the book dropped to an 8.0, this price ,which wasn't accepted, would have been 2.5X's guide?!?!?!?

somebody help me out with this one.

what the "F" was that 9.6 on Comiclink that FFB got juiced out of really worth???

(i'd opine a helluva lot more than the $16K it "sold" wink.gif for...........

There is no way this book is worth $32k restored. My guess is that the thrill/joy bidders found out the reserve, and did their stuff. yay.gif

Having said that, the 9.6 on ComicLink was worth every bit of the $16k, and some !

i agree, but what posess' someone to set a reserve that is no where near the realistic book value?? is this Joy/Thrill selling?? confused.gif

Having said that, the 9.6 on ComicLink was worth every bit of the $16k, and some !

i agree, but what posess' someone to set a reserve that is no where near the realistic book value?? is this Joy/Thrill selling?? confused.gif

Possibly testing the market. confused-smiley-013.gif

Nice price already, I guess the PLOD doesnt matter to all. Surprised the reserve is not met though 893whatthe.gif

it closed at almost $32,000 with the reserve NOT being hit 893whatthe.gif

i know this is the hugest of books but since when does a restored book NOT sell at 98% of unrestored guide?!?!?!?!?

and, IF you could have the resto removed and the book dropped to an 8.0, this price ,which wasn't accepted, would have been 2.5X's guide?!?!?!?

somebody help me out with this one.

what the "F" was that 9.6 on Comiclink that FFB got juiced out of really worth???

(i'd opine a helluva lot more than the $16K it "sold" wink.gif for...........

As I mentioned at the time, I tried to jump on the Restored 9.6 at $16K, would have happily paid $20K, and could have been talked into $25K. Now, I'd happily pay $25K. But Hammer has it! frustrated.gif893censored-thumb.gif

As for the book in this auction, it is insane that the reserve was higher than that. Just insane. That was a very aggressive high bid (too aggressive for a restored 9.0 IMO) and the buyer should have taken the money and run.

What is truly insane about that book is that it sold in the July 2003 Heritage Auction for $8,000. I wish I'd been paying more attention to it then. frustrated.gif

I bought a restored AF15 9.4 two years ago for $6,000....

I developed buyer's remorse and have been embarassed ever since (but loved owning the book cloud9.gif)

Now, suddenly I don't feel so bad at all.... laugh.gif

But the seller here is greedy...he should've taken the money and counted his blessings.

foreheadslap.gif

I bought a restored AF15 9.4 two years ago for $6,000....

I developed buyer's remorse and have been embarassed ever since (but loved owning the book cloud9.gif)

Now, suddenly I don't feel so bad at all.... laugh.gif

But the seller here is greedy...he should've taken the money and counted his blessings.

foreheadslap.gif

Do you still have the book? Can you post a scan? I'd love to see it. cloud9.gif

FFB;

I do still have the book.

I just got a scanner and am getting used to it...

I want to scan a couple of others before I hold my breath and handle the grail....

I think you understand....

I will eventually get around to scanning it...possibly next week

Pardon my being a neophyte..but I've never posted an image either...

so..I have to open a photobucket account...

But...maybe I can PM you or email it to you once it's scanned

FFB;

I do still have the book.

I just got a scanner and am getting used to it...

I want to scan a couple of others before I hold my breath and handle the grail....

I think you understand....

I will eventually get around to scanning it...possibly next week

Pardon my being a neophyte..but I've never posted an image either...

so..I have to open a photobucket account...

But...maybe I can PM you or email it to you once it's scanned

Sure. Email it to me at sbonagof@aol.com when you're ready. I look forward to seeing it. What is the extent and quality of the restoration?

I looked at that 9.6 on the link for ages, I should have pulled the triiger (but probably still wouldnt have got it!). Is it true Hammer has it??????? That is plain wrong, and unslabbed now I guess confused-smiley-013.gif

It is true, and it's still in the slab as of right before my vacation in August. I really don't think he'll try to resell it out of the slab. If that were his plan, he probably wouldn't have told me he had it/shown me the scan in the first place.

af15CGC96R.jpg

What a bargain, and I suppose even hammer would like that in his collection - especially for that price cloud9.gif

I agree. Restored or not, it is probably the nicest looking copy anywhere in the world. cloud9.gif

What a bargain, and I suppose even hammer would like that in his collection - especially for that price cloud9.gif

I agree. Restored or not, it is probably the nicest looking copy anywhere in the world. cloud9.gif

He only insured it for $51??? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

He only insured it for $51??? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That isn't the mailing label for that book. He bought that book in January. The mailing receipt is probably from something else he sold.