• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - ASM 161

9 posts in this topic

You really have to do something about posting those super Hi-res images directly in your PGM submissions. Can you please edit this post and put a link to the hi-res images instead?

To see how I do it, use the quote button in this post. You should also select the [using HTML and UBBCode from the dropdown]

81UimG5.jpg

Super High Res Here

5DTYRpY.jpg

Super High Res Here

No problem re. the assist.

I don't have enough experience with grading printing defects (which I'm assuming this is), but my understanding is that they are ignored by CGC or noted as a qualified grade (anyone confirm or give me some advice on this?)

Without the blue, I would be give this a 8.5 (soft corners/some spine breaks)

This isn't a printing defect.Back in the day when stores were to send books back to the distributor,they used spray paint to either the top or sides to damage them.

Argh. What were they thinking?

Comics were a throw away item when we finished with em back then.They either cut half of the cover,or just stacked em up and spray painted them.

Ah OK that makes sense now. Did some more research and found a few articles like this: http://www.comicpressing.com/blog/over-spray

Still not exactly sure what to deduct for the overspray, but because there seems to be a lot of it on this book I'm thinking around 7.0.

No this is not that type of overspray. This is from unsold comics that back in the day the distributor or supplier would spray the books all along the edge to "more or less" destroy them. This would serve as proof that the product was "unsold" and the seller would not have to pay for the unsold product.

Other times they would cut half of the cover or sometimes even all of the cover was removed and returned to the distributor/supplier as proof of unsold product. The oversrpay that they are referring to in the article is the "identifying" spray usually at the top of the book.

But to answer your question, I don't know what the deduct would be either for certain but I would ascertain it would be more significant that what you are guesstimating. Of course that is just my guess too! (shrug)