• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blackest night & 52 are they still in demand?

13 posts in this topic

meh. Maybe 52 #7 (first Katherine Kane) and #11 (First KK as Batwoman).

Despite being good issues to have, you can still find them below cover pretty easily.

I saw a diamond box filled with Blackest Night issues at a garage sale.

Like 100 books for $10.

I passed.

Were they ever in demand? I bought a new 52 omnibus just because it was priced at $30, 5 issues were decent, the other 47 were practically unreadable. Maybe instead of spending millions to hype the event, DC should've coughed up a couple extra bucks for some decent writers.

Were they ever in demand? I bought a new 52 omnibus just because it was priced at $30, 5 issues were decent, the other 47 were practically unreadable. Maybe instead of spending millions to hype the event, DC should've coughed up a couple extra bucks for some decent writers.

+1

I remember the 5 titles that were decent.

Snyder`s Batman

Johns Aquaman

Animalman

Swampthing

All-Star Western

The rest as you say were practically unreadable.

I also remember how I lost some respect for people who tried to foist this on people.

Trying to say how good it was. Trying to convince people to buy it. :boo:

I think half of the original 52 has been cancelled since then.

Junk is junk no matter how many pretty variants are used as a diversion.

;)

I think DC was so preoccupied with establishing a new continuity and breaking into the "marvel money" of producing films/ tv shows, that they lost sight of what made these books good in the first place. A good example is them cancelling the longest running vertigo title, hellblazer, and rebooting it into the watered down, PG rated constantine. Less than a year after the reboot, they're talking tv show. Which should make me happy, as hellblazers one of my all time favorite books. But sadly, im pretty sure its going to be watered down, family friendly, pansybag constantine. Which they're only making a show of so they can promote the justice league dark movie in the works.

The new 52 was the closest thing I've seen to the 90's gimmicks that nearly destroyed the industry years ago. DC would have been far better off releasing 15 quality titles that were actually worth reading that pumping out trash like mr. Terriffic, superfilous green lanter titles, and a list of batman titles starring side charecters I've barely even heard of.

52 the DC weekly series or the New 52?

52 the weekly series countdown are 50 cent and $1 comic fodder.

Individual issues of Blackest Night can sell for $1 to cover price but they sell better as a complete set. The Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps Blackest Night issues with the tie-ins can sell for $75 and up. Not a great haul but respectable if you pick them up cheaply.

The Blackest Night 0-8 mini-series still consistently sells for $30-$40 on ebay so I pick up these if I see them in dollar boxes and they are in NM or better condition. You can get $50-$60 if you include the gimmick power rings. The rings alone can sell for $20-$30.

I made the mistake of picking up the Blackest Night 1:25 variants for $5-$10 a piece when they were hot but I didn't unload them. They are barely worth cover price now. The few standouts are Green Lantern 50 Jim Lee variant cover and Green Lantern 51 Yellow Lantern Scarecrow variant cover by Greg Horn( collector's love this one). There still is some slight demand for the RRP variants and 1:50 variants since they were limited in distribution from the onset. 2c

+1

I remember the 5 titles that were decent.

Snyder`s Batman

Johns Aquaman

Animalman

Swampthing

All-Star Western

The rest as you say were practically unreadable.

I also remember how I lost some respect for people who tried to foist this on people.

Trying to say how good it was. Trying to convince people to buy it. :boo:

I think half of the original 52 has been cancelled since then.

Junk is junk no matter how many pretty variants are used as a diversion.

;)

Heartily agree