• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Apparent SA"

15 posts in this topic

I have a book in "graded" that has blindsided me as apparent SA. I'm wondering if it was an input error, or if that's even a possibility. Has anyone ever had a category change from the time the book goes from graded to qc/shipped? Thanks

Also what's your worst story involving restoration?

No- it populated as Apparent SA. I've seen the key comments and art comments change up until being marked as shipped many times before, I was wondering if it could change to Universal after being SA.

Probably not. I recently had one that on "Graded" was populated as "SA" (which really surprised me). Then on "Grading/Quality Control" the screen shot removes the SA designation but doesn't show "Universal" either. That gave me a sliver of hope. But then when it went to "Shipped/Safe" the "SA" reappeared, together with the number grade and page quality.

My worst story involving restoration? As a 10- to 12-year old little kid buying several nice-looking early Ditko ASMs from my LCS for about $10 each (a lot of money (a lot of grandma money, actually) in the late 70s) and realizing 25+ years later that many of them were trimmed or had color touch -- all undisclosed at the time of sale.

Pardons, and I even Googled some pics of PLODs first to try and find out on my own (no help,) but I don't know (or don't remember) what "SA" is in this context. Can someone please enlighten me?

-slym

Slight Amateur

The type of detected restoration appears on the label.

What's the cert number? If you plug it into the https://www.cgccomics.com/grading/verify-cgc-comic.aspx? you can see the details too.

It's still in "grading/quality control" stage, so they haven't uploaded grade or cert yet. As a matter of fact, even category has a zero now. Should ship tomorrow or Monday. I'll let you know how it ends up, but I'm holding zero hope. What kind of butthole would restore a book from 1988? I didn't even consider the option

What's the cert number? If you plug it into the https://www.cgccomics.com/grading/verify-cgc-comic.aspx? you can see the details too.

It's still in "grading/quality control" stage, so they haven't uploaded grade or cert yet. As a matter of fact, even category has a zero now. Should ship tomorrow or Monday. I'll let you know how it ends up, but I'm holding zero hope. What kind of butthole would restore a book from 1988? I didn't even consider the option

Not that it will make you feel better and I forget who posted it but there was a member who evidently bought a book off the stands himself as the OO and it came back with CT. I think it was a bronze book.

Amateur restoration is typically a sharpie covering up a spine tick. That's why there's 110 ASM 300 with SA designation and that book also came out in 1988.

Amateur restoration is typically a sharpie covering up a spine tick. That's why there's 110 ASM 300 with SA designation and that book also came out in 1988.

Surprisingly (or unsurprisingly), it is an ASM 300! Damn kids and their sharpies

Surprisingly (or unsurprisingly), it is an ASM 300! Damn kids and their sharpies

I think you mean store owners. My LCS said back in the 80s people just color touched like it was nothing. He said, looking back on it, he ruined a lot of good books.