• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Overlooked and Potentially Undervalued Long/Mid-Term
2 2

798 posts in this topic

I think the tie is one of the stupidest items of clothing ever invented. I'm in IT, and whenever I run into a management type who values wearing an expensive suit I start assuming that they are an insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

Which makes your choice of avatar highly ironic lol

Seriously though, I agree. I'd like to ban suits and ties.

A lot of professional occupations require a dress code of a suit and tie.

Then again, a lot of mom and pop grocery stores require males to wear ties.

It's all about the specific situation.

And yes, I love me some early Punisher issues!

I think the tie is one of the stupidest items of clothing ever invented. I'm in IT, and whenever I run into a management type who values wearing an expensive suit I start assuming that they are an insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

These guys don't look like "investors" to me . . . just sayin' lol

The second guys, no, since they're buying/debating Moderns off the shelf, but who knows about the first photo? I know people with *lots* of money who look exactly the same.

True, they just don't know how to dress and/or don't groom themselves cause comic guys don't care what they look like.

I've dressed like a bum going to local shows because it's a comic show. I wear nice ties and dress-shirts at work; I don't have to impress the dirtbag dealer I'm haggling with.

Haha, sounds like a guy in IT. If you're dealing with clients, it's important to look professional.

ALL Punisher books are undervalued imho, particularly Punisher #1 (unlimited). :sumo:

k693.jpg

I was 16 when this book hit the news stands and I bought it.

By issue 3 I was thinking gee Punisher is not going to have any recurring enemies because he keeps killing them off every issue hm

That cover is ridiculous. He's hanging precariously from a fire escape and he's about to fire a rocket launcher into the window? :screwy:

Yeah, on a piece of dental floss! lol:insane:

I've managed to grab a couple of Bone #1 2nd prints pretty cheap lately (under $10). Seeing how TMNT #1 2nd and 3rd print took off, I'm putting in an 'Overweight' rating on this security.

Damn straight! (thumbs u

That cover is ridiculous. He's hanging precariously from a fire escape and he's about to fire a rocket launcher into the window? :screwy:
I hate comic books that aren't realistic :insane:

Well, there's suspension of disbelief and then there's "that cover is bat-mess crazy"

But that black guy's reaction is pretty spot on. lol

I hate comic books that aren't realistic :insane:

Well, there's suspension of disbelief and then there's "that cover is bat-mess crazy"

I'm just :baiting: Punisher is supposed to be a bit more realistic than other books so I can see your point.

But that black guy's reaction is pretty spot on. lol

Haha, gonna have to agree with that assessment....

Punisher limited series, regular #1-18 (especially #8-10), and PWJ #1, 6, 7 are all ridiculously undervalued and underappreciated.

There was a time when Punisher #1 mini sold for $50, and the ongoing for $30...now, you can frequently buy the ongoing #1 for $1-$2...so I do.

#8-10 got caught in the "we're publishing this every six weeks (one of the oddest experiments of the 80's)" vortex, and were underordered at the time. Punisher #10 is still especially hard to find, relative to #1-7.

You got 'em? I'll buy all VF or better copies you have for $1 each.

Silver Surfer #50?

Thanos vs Silver Surfer with an origin story. It was pretty damn good in my opinion. Taking Silver Surfer down a few pegs. :grin:

I don't understand why there isn't more demand for this book, either. It's the wrap up to the original Thanos "quest", the direct lead-in to Infinity Gauntlet, and wasn't printed in the gazillions (as evidenced by both a second AND third printing.)

:shrug:

Yeah, on a piece of dental floss! lol:insane:

There are many things wrong with that cover. If the Punisher was covered in pouches, people could make the argument this was a Rob Liefeld cover, except for the face which doesn't have the typical Liefeld mouth. The hands are off, the feet are off, etc.

:jokealert:

Kidding aside.

It is a great idea for a cover. I think the execution is weak and it would be interesting to see it done by one of the better artists. The Punisher's feet are off. It might just be the inker (who also butchered Byrne on his Wolverine run.)

Edited by rjrjr