• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Overlooked and Potentially Undervalued Long/Mid-Term
2 2

798 posts in this topic

I love them and the affordableness of them...once upon a time in the1990s they were hot,and the market feels like 1990 again... :shy:

Do any of the McFarlane ASM's (other than 299-300, natch) have "villain first appearances" in them, no matter how low-key/unknown the character?

Nope.

Yes.

Styx and Stone.

This seems unlikely to me.

Count Duckula 3 is the 1st American comic book appearance of a cartoon character that appears in two dozen much earlier comics in the UK, and then never appears in comic books in either country again. Is someone really going to watch a 2015 BBC cartoon based on a 1981 BBC cartoon and think "Boy, I wish I had the 1991 american comic book with a backup story about this!"?

It seems collectors have chased books for flimsier reasons than that.

You got it D_ink.

:facepalm:

Well he's correct, just not necessary to say it on these boards

Coming from a winner like you, I take that as a compliment. :acclaim:

I hoard 302's

http://marvel.wikia.com/Wes_Cassady_%28Earth-616%29

Winning.

You're hoarding these because of rabbit man? What am I missing, the cover is probably the worst of the run.

You got it D_ink.

:facepalm:

Well he's correct, just not necessary to say it on these boards

Coming from a winner like you, I take that as a compliment. :acclaim:

I hoard 302's

http://marvel.wikia.com/Wes_Cassady_%28Earth-616%29

Winning.

You're hoarding these because of rabbit man? What am I missing, the cover is probably the worst of the run.

I think he's cool.

Maybe a creator will too at some point.

I think he's cool.

Maybe a creator will too at some point.

He's a throwaway joke character who just wants to live a normal life and appeared - once - 26 years ago.

Then again, I'm still waiting for Marvel to sink even deeper into the garbage pile they've been inhabiting for years by introducing "the terrifying new villain who knows Spider-Man's secret identity, Tim Harrison!"

He's a throwaway joke character who just wants to live a normal life and appeared - once - 26 years ago.

Then again, I'm still waiting for Marvel to sink even deeper into the garbage pile they've been inhabiting for years by introducing "the terrifying new villain who knows Spider-Man's secret identity, Tim Harrison!"

I'm still waiting on White Rabbit to catch on. She actually is in the new ASM.

Marvel_Team-Up_Vol_1_131_zpsa639705a.jpg

At the risk of getting more whining about "gee, big spender..."

I will happily and gladly buy any and all Amazing McFarlane's in VF or better at $1.

I pulled 2 301's and 3 302's out of a dollar box this past weekend at Heroes. They are all VF and well worth $1.

I still think Sword of Azrael #1 gets overlooked, the character was huge in the early 90's and Knightfall is one of the most well known story in comics (IMO). Hell, he was Batman for a while, I think that's a pretty big deal! :headbang:

I still think Sword of Azrael #1 gets overlooked, the character was huge in the early 90's and Knightfall is one of the most well known story in comics (IMO). Hell, he was Batman for a while, I think that's a pretty big deal! :headbang:

I really enjoyed reading the series too as a kid. I've picked up a few more issues of these books for a buck a piece lately, the covers alone make it a sound investment!

Just. A. Matter. Of. Time. :sumo: (thumbs u

Just. A. Matter. Of. Time. :sumo: (thumbs u

:banana:

It sold for a penny!?!

Haha, wow.

$5.01 actually.

Even that is low. The DC Universe UPC printings are seriously undervalued and the cool thing is they can be found on Ebay often really cheap because sellers don't know what they have.

It sold for a penny!?!

Haha, wow.

$5.01 actually.

Even that is low. The DC Universe UPC printings are seriously undervalued and the cool thing is they can be found on Ebay often really cheap because sellers don't know what they have.

Yes, but it's a very niche market. I have a Flash #91 (1st Impulse) listed for a while with no bites.

It sold for a penny!?!

Haha, wow.

$5.01 actually.

Yes, but it's a very niche market. I have a Flash #91 (1st Impulse) listed for a while with no bites.

oh i agree that's why it seems appropriate to mention an auction like that in this thread. Is your 91 graded?