• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink dissatisfaction. Whom do I complain too?

112 posts in this topic

Another thing that added to my puzzlement was the fact you are forced to check out with raw wins separate from CGC wins and you have to pay another shipping fee.

Seriously? That's crazy.

I think CL keeps stuff in different locations. Some stuff was still kept in Brooklyn not that long ago.

You also have to check out art separately and ship it separately. This is frustrating when, like me, you buy a small sketch that could easily and safely be shipped with the books you won, but instead you're charged $20 in separate shipping.

Again, that's nuts. I was tempted on a few 'throw-in' raw books after winning a slab last night, but I'm now glad I didn't bother.

Can't speak for Comic Link but Comic Connect will take returns for basically no reason (customer unhappy with book).

As a consignor I remember having to relist a CGC 9.8 copy of New Mutants 98 because the customer did not like the look of the book when he came in to pick it up. The book sold later that month (for a slightly lower offer I accepted) with no problems at all.

Thats not really all that good a thing. Suppose you have a book in their auction that sells for $1,000.

Knowing it is sold, you buy a book for $700. A week later you find out your book is a no sale, and you owe $700 out of pocket for the book you bought. Do you pay or also do a no sale on it?

Auction books should not be able to be returned simply because of buyers remorse.

but cant the same thing happen on ebay?

Maybe I don't know the difference between an 8.5 and a 9.2.

Here is one of the books.

giantsizedkidcolt2front001_zps01f9bf36.jpg

Here is an attempt for a close up of the lower right corner area. The paper edge is folded over for about two inches above bottom, and is creased on the very corner. Shaken Comic Syndrome?

giantsizedkidcolt2bottomrightcorner001_zps3b63d6f8.jpg

Here is the lower left front corner.

Bug chews?

giantsizedkidcolt2lowerleftcorner001_zps213842d4.jpg

Here is the back cover. There is a tear on the top right.

giantsizedkidcolt2backcover001_zps776e144c.jpg

Close up of the tear on the top left front cover. The spine is also wavy about two inches from the top and two inches above the bottom. Probably does not show up well, but does in person.

giantsizedkidcolt2spinearea001_zps28000b1d.jpg

I have a few things at CL for a fixed price but I don't like that I can't brand myself over there or get the e-mail address of the buyer.

As a .NET web programmer, their website has to be the worst site I have ever seen - sort of like one poster said that there were too many $$$ going through that site for it to be as poorly functioning as it is - heck, I still think Classic ASP is still a decent way to program a website but that site gives Classic ASP a VERY bad name.

I did not know (but should have assumed) that a representative from Comic Link is a member here. I was contacted via PM and asked to provide close up scans.

I responded with the above.

I appreciate him asking about this, and taking a close look. But I believe this is a CGC thing, and not a Comic Link thing.

I'm not going to bother with the other problem book. It is much less off, and I am tired of scanning. It is a pedigree Rocky Mountain CGC 9.2 and is a 9.0 IMO. I can live with that.

Because, what do I know.

I bought a Weird Chills from them a few years back...it was a nice looking CGC 2.5. When I got it i looked at the back and saw a large chunk missing. I called comiclink and they basically said.."you should have known the back cover had a major defect since the front looked nice." No refunds. It would be nice to have back scans--- it could have been water damage, or something more innocuous than a large chunk.

hm....one of my posts disappeared.

Anyway. I have been informed that I can send this particular book back, and after they look at it. I might get a refund. If the damage is considered to be from SCS or something similar.

I agree with the other poster that the comic was graded that way. The tears are production raker marks - e.g. manufacturing defects.

I crack a lot of books, and most have damage you can't see until you get the outer well off. No solution to that, except that the cgc grade is just a recommendation, and you'll never know what grade a book truly is until you crack it out, and assess it for yourself.

I would just sell the book to the next sucker, and write it off.

They desperately need to improve scans and revamp the whole website.

Welcome to 2002! lol

The lack of back cover scans for books worth thousands of dollars is perplexing...

Actually, if you email them they'll send you 8-track recordings of the back covers.

:think:

If you get a chance, put some pics up. I'd like to see what you're describing.

scans if possible.

One thing I can say is be real careful of raw buys from Comiclink.

Not to throw Josh and company under the bus, but I bought a raw set for the first

time from one of their auctions and I was bummed.

The auction was suppose to have 15 books that were avg 8.5–9.0

more than half of them were FN's.

:P

Half were 6s, half were 12s. What's the problem? (shrug)