• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink dissatisfaction. Whom do I complain too?

112 posts in this topic

I'd be happy to dump all over CL based on their hugely expensive shipping/handling fees and inability to combines separate invoices as one (I only buy slabs from them) and doubling up on more shipping costs. The last shipment from them is getting to be the last straw for me, $140 to ship 6 slabs....

I've combined exchange purchases with auction books, and am pretty sure I even combined shipping on two auctions, all slabs in all cases. Why wouldn't they combine for you? If you call or e-mail Tracy she should be able to fix you up.

I used to do this too, but it was 2 separate auctions and Tracy said she won't do it or CL won't allow it anymore.

The one time my first shipment was way delayed, so I just asked her to hold it until the latest auction closed. She may have done it in that case because it had been so long and that was a way to make it up.

Clink,

I love:

1. The monthly auctions

2. The selection of HG cgc comics.

3. Ability to avoid the 3% buyers premium with a check payment.

4. Customer service and shipping contact Tracy. It's a small enough business that you know exactly who you need to reach to resolve an issue and can work things out or negotiate things for issues that occur.

I Hate:

1. Your website. But I'm so used to how it works that if I could I would only change it by adding a watch list feature so I don't have to click the same 5 links and dropdown menus each time I log in:

Focus auction > current months auction > session #: > sort by condition/descending > sort by time ending/ ascending. Heritage and comicconnect bring up my watch list in 1-2 clicks.

2. You lack of backcover scans and extreme close up scans. Heritage does it right. I'll bid lower if I see something suspicious on a corner or edge even if it is just a scanner flaw. I do prefer to buy the book and not the label but clink scans makes this hard to do.

3. Payment options: clink is stuck in web 0.1. Hey clink, the 90's called, they want there ecommerce site back. Most sites offer ACH bank transactions which is faster than check and as good as cash.

4. Shipping times. With credit card its roughly 2 weeks. With check payment it can sometimes be 3 weeks: 1week for check to clear, 2weeks for items to ship.

5. Shipping errors: twice this year. First, you ship one of 2 cgc slabs to the wrong address but delayed shipping mine out. You caught it after I inquired on it and was able to get it returned from the wrong recipient but no credit or free shipping discount for the inconvenience. This last time my comics from the September auction are a month late. I had to call in to Tracy again to get them to remember to ship it. My October winnings are actually going to arrive before my September winnings. UPDATE: I actually just received my September winnings yesterday and my October winnings should be here on Friday.

The seal is only on one side.

The book shows the defect on both sides.

Uh, no it doesn't. :gossip:

Any more questions about the propensity for Bronze Age Giant Size Marvels to suffer SCS due to the design of CGC's inner well? (shrug)

I'm here all day, and it's Friday! :acclaim:

kidcoltback_scs_zpsadcb2356.jpg

lol

You're right. I should have blown that pic up.

I will now eat my crow lunch. :)

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! You are actually admitting to a mistake? You're actually taking responsibility???? Don't you realize that's not how it's done here noob? doh! You're disturbing the natural order of things. (tsk)

Let me school you. When making an error, follow these rules

1 - Never admit your mistake.

2 - Attempt to deflect and redirect by pointing out the flaws in other people.

3 - Hump the button. Hump it long and hump it hard.

4 - Be completely pigheaded and hold onto grudges like a troll with its teeth in your leg, even to the point of starting threads years later referencing your butthurt.

Understand?

Answer the question.

Any more questions about the propensity for Bronze Age Giant Size Marvels to suffer SCS due to the design of CGC's inner well? (shrug)

lol

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! You are actually admitting to a mistake? You're actually taking responsibility???? Don't you realize that's not how it's done here noob? doh! You're disturbing the natural order of things. (tsk)

4 - Be completely pigheaded and hold onto grudges like a troll with its teeth in your leg, even to the point of starting threads years later referencing your butthurt.

Understand?

Answer the question.

lol lol lol

That deserved a Tuppeny salute.

lol

Understand?

Answer the question.

He's not a noob.

lol

Understand?

Answer the question.

He's not a noob.

And your sarcasm meter is broken

lol

Understand?

Answer the question.

He's not a noob.

And your sarcasm meter is broken

Yeah. I watched 'The Secret' again this weekend. I no longer use or recognise sarcasm. Thoughts become things and all that....

I'd be happy to dump all over CL based on their hugely expensive shipping/handling fees and inability to combines separate invoices as one (I only buy slabs from them) and doubling up on more shipping costs. The last shipment from them is getting to be the last straw for me, $140 to ship 6 slabs....

How are you shipping? I always pick the 3 for $15 option.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I returned the Giant Size Kid Colt #2, CGC 9.2, to ComicLink. At first I thought it was a bad grading by CGC. But then I became convinced it was a book that had been damaged in transit. Especially after I found out that it had been sold by ComicLink previously. Making it shipped many times. And after listening to the debate here on this thread.

I was notified today that ComicLink is issuing me a full refund.

Thank you ComicLink and thank you Jon of ComicLink.

Now, what do I buy with my refund? hmmm....Hulk 255 Rocky River pedigree? Hulk versus Thor.

Or another western. I believe that westerns are underpriced right now.

But what do I know....

Glad that worked out for you!

The only trouble I had with CL was after I made a bid on a listing for a DC war issue, can't remember if the slab said OAAW or GI Combat. After I submitted my bid I noticed the comic in the slab was actually a copy of The Losers that was worth much less than my bid. I sent an email to CL with my summary of what happened and they cancelled my bid right away.

One other time I ordered a couple old OA newspaper strips and I received them along with about 5 other diff pieces of OA that had somehow been put into my package. I was very confused at first and briefly thought I was getting some kind of bonus art with my purchase until I realized two of the extras were ones I had seen up for auction that went for a few hundred dollars. I emailed Tracy and she was very appreciative and offered me a discount on my next order to compensate for the cost of mailing the pieces back to them.

I've been a very happy customer of theirs though I do miss when my shipments just came from Brooklyn a couple days after I paid for them rather than the ones I've been getting from Maine that always seem to take much longer. :grin: