• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

USPS notice left for buyer who still hasn't picked up package--what next?

12 posts in this topic

Hey all, I sold a CGC funny book on eBay last week and according to USPS tracking, notice was left on 10/18. I stated in my listing that I do not accept returns.

As of today, that status has remained unchanged (last update was 10/18, "notice left"), so it doesn't look like the package has been picked up. I'm starting to wonder if the buyer simply no longer wants the book and is trying to force a refund simply by refusing to pick up the book and having USPS ship the book back to me after 15 days(?).

Has anyone had any experience like this? What steps should/can I take to protect myself? Thanks for your help.

This happened to me recently, where a buyer left his shipment at the post office for nearly a week. I emailed him a gentle reminder to be sure to pick his book up before they send it back. He thanked me for the reminder, picked his package up, and that was that. This would be my first step, to email a reminder to the buyer.

Hey all, I sold a CGC funny book on eBay last week and according to USPS tracking, notice was left on 10/18. I stated in my listing that I do not accept returns.

As of today, that status has remained unchanged (last update was 10/18, "notice left"), so it doesn't look like the package has been picked up. I'm starting to wonder if the buyer simply no longer wants the book and is trying to force a refund simply by refusing to pick up the book and having USPS ship the book back to me after 15 days(?).

Has anyone had any experience like this? What steps should/can I take to protect myself? Thanks for your help.

It's always possible that the PO forgot to leave the notice or left it at the wrong place. It's also possible he's away or busy.

As someone else mentioned, a gentle reminder couldn't hurt.

This happened to me recently, where a buyer left his shipment at the post office for nearly a week. I emailed him a gentle reminder to be sure to pick his book up before they send it back. He thanked me for the reminder, picked his package up, and that was that. This would be my first step, to email a reminder to the buyer.

Same thing has happened to me before. The notice had fallen off the door and the guy never knew they had tried to deliver it.

Yup. I had a guy who bought expensive books from me regularly. He ended up have a book go missing even though a notice was left and tracking said it was signed for and picked up.

Turns out his condo manager signed for the item and it was sitting in his office for a week. Manager forgot to tell the guy he had it. doh!

I'd try step #1 and open communication first before jumping to any conclusions. Anything is possible and there's no use guessing at this point.

This is happening to me right now as well. Notice left a week ago. I sent very nice message that I noticed it was at post office. Never received a reply message.

a couple of months ago I bought a book and it was delivered in about a week. the seller emailed and called me saying I hadn't picked the book up, just like your case. I emailed him back that all was okay, I got the book. so maybe the book was delivered and the tracking info is wrong. so best to just contact the buyer and see what he says.

a couple of months ago I bought a book and it was delivered in about a week. the seller emailed and called me saying I hadn't picked the book up, just like your case. I emailed him back that all was okay, I got the book. so maybe the book was delivered and the tracking info is wrong. so best to just contact the buyer and see what he says.

You mean, starting a thread on the CGC boards where the eBay seller can't see the issue is the wrong opening move, and contacting the seller first instead is the logical thing to do?

hm

8f8cc_ORIG-intredasting.jpg

-slym

I also had this on a book that was supposed to have signature confirmation. The delivery never updated online though it was delivered correctly.