• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Data for FF 47 through 60 in 9.0 or higher

13 posts in this topic

Hey...I was doing a little research on these issues and thought I would share it here. It's all on my blog which you can link to below...or in my signature.

I found the info on FF 59 vs. 58 and 60 interesting...and also the data on FF 48-50 were not entirely what I would have expected.

Anyway...cheers!

Sundry Collectibles FF 47-60 Data

If I recall correctly.... and it may be in Chuck's "Tales From The Database" on his website..... Thor 132 was one of the more common issues included in the Mile High II collection. I believe it was Avengers 32 that was another as was ASM 33, FF 59, and Thor 156. All the issues from the mid 60's until somewhere around 1980 were represented. I believe it was the Avengers that Chuck mentioned having an ENTIRE pallet of just that issue. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. Another source for multiple high grade copies of MANY 60's Marvels was the Robert Bell warehouse inventory that was purchased by a group of NYC area dealers and sold off over the years. A comprehensive article was written about this in an issue of CBM by my friend L. Forro ......

If I recall correctly.... and it may be in Chuck's "Tales From The Database" on his website..... Thor 132 was one of the more common issues included in the Mile High II collection. I believe it was Avengers 32 that was another as was ASM 33, FF 59, and Thor 156. All the issues from the mid 60's until somewhere around 1980 were represented. I believe it was the Avengers that Chuck mentioned having an ENTIRE pallet of just that issue. GOD BLESS...

P.S. Another source for multiple high grade copies of MANY 60's Marvels was the Robert Bell warehouse inventory that was purchased by a group of NYC area dealers and sold off over the years. A comprehensive article was written about this in an issue of CBM by my friend L. Forro ......

Thanks for the feedback everyone, and for the references Jim. Do you happen to recall the issue of CBM with the articles on the Bell books? I probably have that around somewhere. That was a great magazine. I will try to find some of that data and use it for a blog in the future.

God bless you too Jim!

Todd (also, a follower of Jesus)

It would probably be 10 or more pages back.... but Lewis provided a link to his website where he provides access to the tapes of the Bell interview from which the transcripts for the article were taken.... these are unedited and have tidbits not available in the published piece. Lewis' board handle is The_Leader_Knows (..... or something to that effect)...... he's got quite a bit more neat stuff there also..... GOD BLESS.....

Jim

I found the interview and the article. It's all on Lewis' site here. It is really great to listen to that. Talk about the wild west! The early days of this hobby.

ASM 33 was in early 1966, so it could potentially relate to these books. Daredevil 4 though is from 1964. I think there might also be an article on the Mile High "II" find in CBM...if not there then it was in CBG when Chuck Rosanski was giving a multipart history of his time in the business. I just don't remember where I read that.

Anyway...thanks for the link.

Todd

Jim

I found the interview and the article. It's all on Lewis' site here. It is really great to listen to that. Talk about the wild west! The early days of this hobby.

ASM 33 was in early 1966, so it could potentially relate to these books. Daredevil 4 though is from 1964. I think there might also be an article on the Mile High "II" find in CBM...if not there then it was in CBG when Chuck Rosanski was giving a multipart history of his time in the business. I just don't remember where I read that.

Todd

Check out www.milehighcomics.com and click on "Tales from the Database" ..... Chuck has extensive ramblings about BOTH Mile High collections.... among many other subjects. He also has a link to the original Edgar Church collection price list from '77...... GOD BLESS...

Jim

Todd

I remember Robert Bell. I still have some comics stored in his bags. :o