• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newbie here....

35 posts in this topic

Hey people! Newbie on the boards here. I started reading comic books again after a long hiatus. The culprit for my return is Joss Whedon's take on the X-Men. I love his writing on Buffy the tele series so I decided to pick up a copy of Astonishing X-Men when it came out and I was hooked! Another title I am reading right now is Identity Crisis. Great art and very cool story so far...well, guess that's a bit of an introduction for now.

AmpedUp grin.gif

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!!!!! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifheadbang.gifyay.gif

OK , I got to ask this, with a name like yours do you play music???

well, not so much play but rather sing...was a lead singer for a band back in college...but the name actually is in referrence to a character I play on City of Heroes... grin.gif

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!!!!! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifheadbang.gifyay.gif

OK , I got to ask this, with a name like yours do you play music???

well, not so much play but rather sing...was a lead singer for a band back in college...but the name actually is in referrence to a character I play on City of Heroes... grin.gif

All right, thats way cool cool.gif, got to thank you for the quick replay, and ROCK ON headbang.gif

( 0.5 ,points for having 1/2 of my guess on the root of the name right 27_laughing.gif )

Hello all~

I'm also a newbie and was wondering what good comics I could get my little cousin into. My father loved comics as a child and I'd love to have my little 6 year old cousin into it as well. What's a good comic for a young boy to start with?

WOW TWO NEW TODAY 893whatthe.gifHELLO AND WELCOM TO THE BOARDS!!!

893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifheadbang.gifyay.gifgrin.gif ON YOUR QUESTION BOY OR GIRL??

Hello all~

I'm also a newbie and was wondering what good comics I could get my little cousin into. My father loved comics as a child and I'd love to have my little 6 year old cousin into it as well. What's a good comic for a young boy to start with?

Simpsons, anything Nickelodean(sp), Disney.

Take him to a comic shop and let him pick, he'll see the characters he knows!