• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newbie here....

35 posts in this topic

Welcome! As a recent newbie myself I can assure you that you will like the boards...as long as you play nice.

gossip.gif FIRE after 100 post you now are a cadet thumbsup2.gif Yes key-words PLAY & NICE

Define "NICE"... devil.gif

Welcome! As a recent newbie myself I can assure you that you will like the boards...as long as you play nice.

gossip.gif FIRE after 100 post you now are a cadet thumbsup2.gif Yes key-words PLAY & NICE

OK

1. Be civil, do not take good-natured kidding as a "personal attack" (don't respond in all out

flame war, we like to kid here)

2. When you need to vent (disagree) try to be witty, not angry or bitter.

3. You do not NEED to have a point to make a point.

4. Remember this is a place to talk comics, art. passion, not your personal "soap-box"

5.The use of Graelims(belive me I leaned this the HARD-WAY) to answer is viewed as lazy.

6.If you don't see what you think is interesting POST YOU OWN.

7. People here can answer just about any question, so when you see people give less than

inspired answers to your questions, its not personal, just that it may be for them, just one

more in along line of answers.

8. Learn when& were to post and answer,ie. Modern for Modern post and questions.

9. The rest is best to find on your own.

10. Have fun, that what it's all about(from my sig-line) "At the end of the day it's all just talk&

comic books"

OK

1. Be civil, do not take good-natured kidding as a "personal attack" (don't respond in all out

flame war, we like to kid here)

2. When you need to vent (disagree) try to be witty, not angry or bitter.

3. You do not NEED to have a point to make a point.

4. Remember this is a place to talk comics, art. passion, not your personal "soap-box"

5.The use of Graelims(belive me I leaned this the HARD-WAY) to answer is viewed as lazy.

6.If you don't see what you think is interesting POST YOU OWN.

7. People here can answer just about any question, so when you see people give less than

inspired answers to your questions, its not personal, just that it may be for them, just one

more in along line of answers.

8. Lean when& were to post and answer,ie. Modern for Modern post and questions.

9. The rest is best to find on your own.

10. Have fun, that what it's all about(from my sig-line) "At the end of the day it's all just talk&

comic books"

11. Sometimes the "list" function comes in handy. I'll be sending you the bill for my Lasik surgery, Brain. insane.gif

More Graemlin Rules:

-Keep away from light (Note: Sunlight is fatal)

-Don't get wet

-Never feed after midnight

acclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gif

acclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gif

Welcome to the Boards!

Please Collect Comic Books Responsibly!

If You like Astonishing X-Men read the Authority and later series Stormwatch and current Supreme Power - no Joss didn't do them and 100 Bullets. You might even like Transmetropolitan. (he didn't do them either).

The best comic to start out anybody with is Spider-Man ( I would know)

Welcome to the Boards!

Please Collect Comic Books Responsibly!

If You like Astonishing X-Men read the Authority and later series Stormwatch and current Supreme Power - no Joss didn't do them and 100 Bullets. You might even like Transmetropolitan. (he didn't do them either).

The best comic to start out anybody with is Spider-Man ( I would know)

Actually, I just finished reading the Authority tpb and I have to say that it ROCKS! I was damn near blown out of my seat with the writing. It ranks right up there with Watchmen, Kingdom Come, and Sandman series by Neil Gaiman. Gotta love Jenny and the two poofs! They're a hoot and a half as my git of a friend would say... tongue.gif

Oh and dont worry if a thread of yours gets Hi-Jacked there are a lot of conflicting personalities around here from time to time. Just sit back and popcorn.gif it can be very entertaining. Some would say that you haven't arrived until you have your very own 4_2_102.gif