• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

REMAINDER COPY OF DETECTIVE #168

31 posts in this topic

Do you think there is any value to having my book graded?

mm

I would list it raw here on the boards for $400. People here know and believe that you're the original owner, and would have confidence that the book is accurately described.

If you're going to try eBay, you might consider slabbing it.

mm

I would list it raw here on the boards for $400. People here know and believe that you're the original owner, and would have confidence that the book is accurately described.

I think he said in the first post that he doesn't want to sell it, only wondering the potential value of the book.

mm

I think he said in the first post that he doesn't want to sell it, only wondering the potential value of the book.

Ah. Seems wise to me!

mm

Ah. Seems wise to me!

Value doesn't mean much until you try to sell a book. Until a willing seller finds a willing buyer, it's all best guesses and theoretical estimates.

If you were to sell it, I'd recommend trying to obtain a color photocopy of the cover. Of course, don't alter or restore the book in any way. Just slide the color copy under the cover, showing the logo and dramatically increasing the book's eye appeal. Although technically that wouldn't increase the book's "value" in a price guide sense, what I've seen is that you get bidders/buyers who are willing to pay somewhat more when the book displays really well.

There used to be a place in Philly the seventies called Normandy Mart that sold remaindered books for ten cents apiece, 3 for a quarter. Sometimes the books would have the full cover. I remember getting a copy of ASM 121 there, and lots of the Curtis/Marvel black and white magazines.