• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics #62 CGC 8.0 White Pages, Burnley War Cover!

25 posts in this topic

Picked up an 8.5 at the SD con, so this undercopy is for sale. This is one of two Crowley copies of this book, but the designation was mistakenly lost on a recent re-sub after being pressed.

Classic Burnley war cover. Only 3 copies grade higher. Super clean and bright copy with deep colors!

$2800

a62.jpg

I don't know how nice your 8.5 looks, but this baby is a stunner. The reds, greens, and blues are Sweet and Popp. Looks off the rack to me. GLWTS. Oh, and White Pages! - Niceee

Believe it or not, the 8.5 is a variant cover with more blood on the soldier's bandages, and no red circles on the approaching zero.

I don't know how nice your 8.5 looks, but this baby is a stunner. The reds, greens, and blues are Sweet and Popp. Looks off the rack to me. GLWTS. Oh, and White Pages! - Niceee

Believe it or not, the 8.5 is a variant cover with more blood on the soldier's bandages, and no red circles on the approaching zero.

Wow. That's very cool.

Way cool, would love to see a pic sometime.

That's bananas. Did you know about the variant, or it just caught your eye? How many actions have variant covers like that?

Jeff is one of the few collectors who's under copies are 8.0 white lol:).

Crazy :cloud9:

That's bananas. Did you know about the variant, or it just caught your eye? How many actions have variant covers like that?

West(Timely) alerted me to the variant. He may even have started a thread about it. As far as I know, it's the only Golden Age Action with a variant cover.

West(Timely) alerted me to the variant. He may even have started a thread about it. As far as I know, it's the only Golden Age Action with a variant cover.

Well... there is that Action Comics #1 variant that I saw... but no one cares about that!

:jokealert:

In all seriousness though, there probably is an earlier 15¢ variant cover for Action Comics #28 (for Canadian customers) like there is for Detective Comics #43, Flash Comics #9, More Fun Comics #59 & Batman (#2 I believe).

Why sell.

Variant and regular. Keep em together.

Beautiful book though...

There are a few books in one of the November auctions that I need to raise some $$ for.

Really interesting on variants. Could we have a Halloween treat of both of them side by side. Why not. and a tootsie roll.

Is one more rare than the other? Which cane 1st? Please share a pic.

In all seriousness though, there probably is an earlier 15¢ variant cover for Action Comics #28 (for Canadian customers) like there is for Detective Comics #43, Flash Comics #9, More Fun Comics #59 & Batman (#2 I believe).

There is. I was the underbidder on a copy listed on ebay last spring.