• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ANOTHER Ebay Thread..Purchases now Hidden in Feedback

24 posts in this topic

Is this just a glitch or a new thing? When I look at my own or anyone elses feedback I am no longer able to see what they purchased only what they sold. It was nice to see if someone who 'Found this in a storage unit" or "Divorce sale" type people are flipping items they bought. I feel like taking this away can only lead to no good.

So, it was not long ago that eBay wanted pics with 1600 pixels being the small side of any pic. Now, I go through the trouble of posting nice, large scans of comics and I see that eBay no longer shows the close-up shot they used to, and looking at the "larger pic" doesn't make it but a little larger.

So much for checking out scans carefully...

:(

-slym

So, it was not long ago that eBay wanted pics with 1600 pixels being the small side of any pic. Now, I go through the trouble of posting nice, large scans of comics and I see that eBay no longer shows the close-up shot they used to, and looking at the "larger pic" doesn't make it but a little larger.

-slym

You may have just not waited long enough for the page to fully load. Sometimes Ebay's image server is slow as (spoon). But once the image fully loads you can still zoom in.

Well, think of it this way - is it anybody's business to know what someone purchases on eBay? I do think it is my business as a seller to know whether a person is a reliable customer IF they buy one of my items - i.e. how many non-paying strikes do they have against them, etc.

I pretty much just buy shipping supplies from eBay and books from Amazon - very innocuous - but still, is it anyone's business what I buy online?

You may have just not waited long enough for the page to fully load. Sometimes Ebay's image server is slow as (spoon). But once the image fully loads you can still zoom in.

Nope - I get no zoom whatsoever. Do you?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121207934076?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I even checked one of my older auctions, it has the zoom feature. New ones, not so much.

That is not great.

-slym

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121207934076?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I even checked one of my older auctions, it has the zoom feature. New ones, not so much.

That is not great.

-slym

Weird, I see the same thing for your listing. Maybe try to re-upload the image?

I know they down-rez the images a lot, so maybe that's the problem?

But I still get the zoom-in no problem. Here's a listing I ruploaded the pics for on Saturday, and I get zoom in, no problem:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200983153719&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

That is not great.

-slym

You obviously didn't upload a large image for this auction :shrug:

That is not great.

But I still get the zoom-in no problem. Here's a listing I ruploaded the pics for on Saturday, and I get zoom in, no problem:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200983153719&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

It did it to every auction I put up, for all those X-Men I was trying to sell here.

-slym

That is not great.

-slym

You obviously didn't upload a large image for this auction :shrug:

This is the exact front cover scan I uploaded to eBay for that auction:

***EDIT*** Couldn't upload the file to the file manager here, file was too large! :lol: Here it is uploaded to imgur:

SS33IEv.jpg

-slym

I pretty much just buy shipping supplies from eBay and books from Amazon - very innocuous - but still, is it anyone's business what I buy online?

You buy books from Amazon? Even though they charge 4 dollars per book minimum for shipping?

You buy books from Amazon? Even though they charge 4 dollars per book minimum for shipping?

The Amazon that offers free shipping on orders over $35? (Use to be on orders over $25 a month back, but it looks like it is up to $35 now, which is still a good bargain. An increase just in time for the holidays!)

The Amazon that offers free shipping on orders over $35? (Use to be on orders over $25 a month back, but it looks like it is up to $35 now, which is still a good bargain. An increase just in time for the holidays!)

Two-day shipping is free with Amazon Prime, which costs $79 per year. Well worth it if you buy a lot of stuff from them and watch their free streaming videos.

That is not great.

I think I have found the problem - the "simple" uploader tool doesn't offer the free 'Gallery Plus' option that the 'advanced uploader' tool does (which used to be the standard page.)

I wonder if I can revise them...

***EDIT*** Nope... I'd have to start from scratch. merunning.

-slym

Amazon Prime = :cloud9:

-slym

Sounds to me like you think you are uploading them full-size but you are not. If you are using photobucket you need the "original" on the end.

edit: I see you figured it out. You list enough that you should really install turbo lister.