• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GUESS THE GRADE - DAREDEVIL 131 1ST BULLSEYE - RESUBMITTED

67 posts in this topic

picked this up from a board member who had cracked the slab. curious to see where the group scores this vs CGC - will reveal the label tomorrow night (no cheating)

comic351_zps9916767c.jpeg

comic352_zps194a0d77.jpeg

SCORE - CGC LABEL

comic353_zpsec4972df.jpeg

BOOK WAS PRESSED AND RESUBMITTED 5/2014

DSC_2231_zps25f0df3b.jpg

I'm thinking 7.5 hm

Such minor staining should not bring the grade down more than a single point, and this is better than a 8.5 without the staining, IMO.

It's not the staining so much. There is impact damage at both the top and bottom of the back cover. TLHS and BRHS. Additionally there is a color scratch on DD's right ankle and there is more dirt or some sort of deposit on the front cover. Above the right shoulder and to the left of DD's left foot in the Marvel box LHS, above the first 'D', in the 'A', the second 'E', the second 'D' and the 'V' and a similar dirt spec on DD's right arm and chest area. There is another ink spot next to the word "misses!" in the caption. There a numerous spine stresses as well IMHO. :o

:ohnoez:

I will say the book looks great in hand but it does have some serious flaws IMHO

can't wait

I'm hoping the CGC graders are more lenient then I am when guessing a grade for these books. I believe you when you say it looks great in hand! (thumbs u

Hmm i am not sure then. The book looks structurally pretty nice. i will say 7.5/8.0 assuming those are stains or foxing and not ink. If dist or production ink i would say 9.0.

^^

Hmm i am not sure then. The book looks structurally pretty nice. i will say 7.5/8.0 assuming those are stains or foxing and not ink. If dist or production ink i would say 9.0.

^^

SO THE FINAL GRADE IS 7.5/8.0 or 9.0? I AM NO CLEARER

AS TO THE GRADE ???