• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fables - Ending with issue #150

41 posts in this topic

The first 50 issues were pure magic. After that..? meh.

I disagree.

I would agree that there is a fair amount of "meh" after 50, but there are also some great stories too.

I'm going to be super bummed when this is over.

Patrick

The first 50 issues were pure magic. After that..? meh.

I disagree.

I would agree that there is a fair amount of "meh" after 50, but there are also some great stories too.

I'm going to be super bummed when this is over.

Patrick

Yea I don't think the same consistency was there after the first 50 issues, but there was still some really good stuff in the run.

I'll miss the book.

141 was quite interesting.

You can tell Willingham is going out with a bang by 150.

At the start, I thought he was re-gurgitating. But I was quickly proven wrong.

What a bummer that this great book is almost done.

Patrick

141 was quite interesting.

You can tell Willingham is going out with a bang by 150.

At the start, I thought he was re-gurgitating. But I was quickly proven wrong.

What a bummer that this great book is almost done.

Patrick

I couldn't agree more!

It is over. This book held it's own against the best stories of it's generation. Excellent run. Sorry to see it over. :sorry:

I have the whole of the last arc ready and waiting to read as soon as issue 150 arrives.

Also sorry to see it gone. The recent covers have been excellent - in fact the covers generally were one of the best things about the series.

I still think the early stories were by and large the best, though Boxing Days (issue 86) is my favourite single issue of the series, and one of my all time favourite comic book covers. Mr Dark is creepy af.

2u9k28w.jpg

Anybody else read it?

I was sad

and a little disappointed with the ending.... It felt like a bit of a whimper when a bang was in order. Especially the Cindy/Bell Flower fight, could have been so much bigger. The page on Darien was just sad.

This was a good comic up until around the 80/90s, then it went like Walking Dead and didn't really have anything left to say.

Only run that's got it right lately has been 'Y: The Last Man'. Great concept and didn't outstay its welcome.

I don't care for the format.

I grew bored flipping thru it.

Pretty bad when I thoroughly enjoyed #1 thru 149.

Patrick

The main story in the front was good although it felt sort of anti climatic. The backup stories were sort of boring and I ended up just jumping around reading certain stories.

I loved the series, but I guess it was time to call it quits. It didn't seem like he knew where he was headed. I still don't fully understand why they were even preparing for a war. I liked the Bigby stuff more, but that just seemed to resolve itself.

I'll miss the book though.

I don't care for the format.

I grew bored flipping thru it.

Pretty bad when I thoroughly enjoyed #1 thru 149.

Patrick

The main story in the front was good although it felt sort of anti climatic. The backup stories were sort of boring and I ended up just jumping around reading certain stories.

I loved the series, but I guess it was time to call it quits. It didn't seem like he knew where he was headed. I still don't fully understand why they were even preparing for a war. I liked the Bigby stuff more, but that just seemed to resolve itself.

I'll miss the book though.

Total let-down. I came to terms that the book was ending, but I was hoping for an epic battle or some sort of wrap-up that was either rooted in Fables history or much more magical.

I agree it felt like he didn't know where he was going. After the "cubs" story-arc mostly wraps up, the book could have ended there. It felt drawn-out and then rushed. Bummer.

I too am going to miss this one, but I have a complete set of trades to revisit. I will probably pick them up again around Christmas time and re-read the whole series.

I need to get caught up with the series, a shame they did not end it well though from what I read. Sorry for showing this off, but figured I'd share this. James Jean is one of my fav' artists, and this collection (2x covers and 2x splash pages) was purchased years ago by me. I had to pry this from the collector's hands. Anyways absolutely love his work, and this is why I purchased the collection, for this particular cover.

JackofFables2cover.jpg