• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROUND 18 : Contest

114 posts in this topic

Thanks to everyone for making this an entertaining contest. I've had a great time kicking around grading guesses with my teammates. And to FFB - sorry I was unable to check my e-mail in the closing hours - I would have talked you out of changing the grade from 7.5 to 8.0, but we won anyway!

Thanks everyone for making this fun! I'm just glad I was able to take part. I learned a lot... my grading is even a little better... still a longs ways to go though... Longl live team fear!

Remember Eddly, that's FEAR in capital letters! acclaim.gif I really enjoyed sharing grades and ideas and my personal shame with Eddly, Aman and Flink. It was a gas! I learned alot! thumbsup2.gif

I would like to take a moment to thank UV and Nikos for all their work and the awesome prizes!! VERY generous! You should both be sainted.

UV, I'm sorry, you'll have to be a lesser saint... but maybe you could be a fun one? Like St. Patrick? You'd have a special day where everyone gets drunk in your honor and Irishmen lament their potato-eating heritage?

I would also like to thank my teammates, the members of Ultimate Team_The Beyonder (whoever the hell they were), for a very marginal effort and a demonstrated inability to grade "The CGC Way".

Thus, in closing, I have prepared a little slideshow commemorating my team's (?) illustrious history and our prodigious accomplisments (?):

Ultimate Team The_Beyonder heads overseas for a little cheese, wine, and horsemeat hamburgers...

linevitablecatastrophe.jpg

Ultimate Team The_Beyonder's loyal fan base-- so supportive!

wesuckguys.jpg

A fallen angel...

missing.jpg

Who could forget the Official Ultimate Team The_Beyonder Zeppelin?

hindenburgmod.JPG

Or the "Ultimate Team The_Beyonder The Movie" movie?

579055-movie-the-perfect-stormmod.JPG

Yes, we will all bid a fond farewell to Ultimate Team The_Beyonder... Boys, we'll miss you like McRib.

disasterservices.jpg

On this very night, ten years ago, along this very stretch of road in a dense fog just like this. I saw the worst accident I ever seen. There was this sound, like a garbage truck dropped off the Empire State Building... And when they pulled the driver's body from the twisted, burning wreck. It looked like this...

lm.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

On this very night, ten years ago, along this very stretch of road in a dense fog just like this. I saw the worst accident I ever seen. There was this sound, like a garbage truck dropped off the Empire State Building... And when they pulled the driver's body from the twisted, burning wreck. It looked like this...

lm.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

893applaud-thumb.gifyay.gif

lm.jpg

Yes sir...the worst accident I ever seen. 893whatthe.gif

Be sure and tell 'em, Large Marge sent ya! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Good times-- thanks Sterling, DKB & MrWoogieman. thumbsup2.gif

I'll add to all the well-deserved kudos to Nikos and UV-- with a personal extra added thanks to UV for reaching out to ask me to put my name in the hat to compete in the contest. Prior to this, I'd not been spending much time in the Grading forum, so I'd missed the first hundred or so posts on the subject.

Let's do it again.

Just not too soon.

Gotta get some real work done after the last couple of months of goofing off! frown.gif