• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official 2013 CGC Forums Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-up!

950 posts in this topic

Picked my gift up today and, being an Agnostic (raised Jewish), I opened it. Heck, every day is a holiday! :grin:

Once I opened the very large package, the gift was wrapped in Marvel wrapping paper.

There was a really nice note stating that my SS was not sure what kind of comic related gift to get for someone who has everything. This was much better than getting a comic related gift!

Took the wrapping off and it was an original, framed and matted, poster of the Grateful Dead's Mardi Gras run of shows in 1995 at the Oakland Coliseum :o

I was at these shows, they were amazing (they played a super hot Aiko Aiko!) and, for the few here that don't know, the Grateful Dead are my all time favorite band, so this is quite a gift!

There was also a backstage pass from when the GD were inducted into the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame, a stub from the Mardi Gras concert, a Dancing Bear sticker,and an unused ticket from the '95 RFK show,which I had also attended and they opened with a killer versions of Shakedown Street and Wang Dang Doodle. :headbang:

What a gift!!!!! Thanks Dave (Oakman29)! (worship)(worship)(worship)(worship) (worship) (worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)

Lets see some pics Steve .... What you got thread

Picked my gift up today and, being an Agnostic (raised Jewish), I opened it. Heck, every day is a holiday! :grin:

Once I opened the very large package, the gift was wrapped in Marvel wrapping paper.

There was a really nice note stating that my SS was not sure what kind of comic related gift to get for someone who has everything. This was much better than getting a comic related gift!

Took the wrapping off and it was an original, framed and matted, poster of the Grateful Dead's Mardi Gras run of shows in 1995 at the Oakland Coliseum :o

I was at these shows, they were amazing (they played a super hot Aiko Aiko!) and, for the few here that don't know, the Grateful Dead are my all time favorite band, so this is quite a gift!

There was also a backstage pass from when the GD were inducted into the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame, a stub from the Mardi Gras concert, a Dancing Bear sticker,and an unused ticket from the '95 RFK show,which I had also attended and they opened with a killer versions of Shakedown Street and Wang Dang Doodle. :headbang:

What a gift!!!!! Thanks Dave (Oakman29)! (worship)(worship)(worship)(worship) (worship) (worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)

:applause:

This reminds me - someone needs to start up the 'What I Got From My Secret Santa' thread.

Man, that was fast!

To some it matter. I would think it's a stretch to say everyone wants Greggy's package. I will happily take Greggy's package. But I'll also happily take Slym's package.

Ok. Time to stop talking about all the boardie's packages before I get banned.

Want to go out for dinner first? At least drinks??

:lol:

-slym

I've been on here since 2002 and don't remember how to post pics :blush:

I was once the head grader of CGC and don't remember how to post pics :blush:

:whistle:

lol

This was all in the very year Garcia passed away. oakman29 must have some connections. VERY valuable, creative, and thoughtful assortment of gifts.

Dave, take a well-deserved bow. You have utterly thrilled the fellow who began (co-began? :shrug:) CGC.

This was all in the very year Garcia passed away. oakman29 must have some connections. VERY valuable, creative, and thoughtful assortment of gifts.

Dave, take a well-deserved bow. You have utterly thrilled the fellow who began (co-began? :shrug:) CGC.

+1 :applause:

Steve I am so happy you like your gift. :cloud9:

Upload to www.tinypic.com. Copy + paste the BBO Code and you're good to go! (thumbs u

Thanks! (thumbs u

I will give it a try later tonight.

You are honoring the giver when you show pics. We don't want to see you in them though :baiting:

Yeah, baby - got my gift today. Not sure from who (other than the mailing address), it will probably become clearer when I open the gifts. Lookin' forward to Xmas eve!

Whomever drew Dr. Balls: may you get plenty of sleazy, hot mess strippers for Xmas. If you're married, may your next door neighbor get plenty of sleazy, hot mess strippers and then invite you to come over for eggnog wrestling.

:headbang: This place rules.