• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uncanny 317

34 posts in this topic

Anyone think this is worth picking up with Blinks 1st appearance and the upcoming movie coming out, even if Blinks role is small Fan Bingbing is pretty popular and getting more notoriety

I just recently started collecting after a 20 year hiatus so I would not say I am super knowledgeable on the investment side of things but I just wanted to see what people thought !

Thanks and enjoy your week !

I am not an expert but here's my 2c

There are many new characters set to appear in the new x-men movie. It doesn't give me much more confidence for major growth for Blink except for maybe another X-Men movie. If you want to stay in the world of x-men and their new film, I would focus on first appearances of super villains.

I think the likes of Rocket Racoon have a much, much higher ceiling than Blink.

I prefer her incarnation from the Age of Apocalypse, which I believe came first.

I don't think those have gone up in value though.

I don't believe those were first. I believe her time was very short lived before she was brought back in AOA due to popularity.

the DF variants of 317

:shrug:

(shrug)

I only know of the regular holofoil version and the non-holofoil/red bar version that retailed for $1 less, I believe.

There were some signed copies floating around that DF may have commissioned.

I prefer the Exiles 1 version myself. Its where I fell in love with the character in that series. Until recently the Blink 1-4 mini series always sold well at $20-25 it a little down right now, but with the movie it will come up. That and the villain twist reveal for that mini series was great.

At $1 an issue for 317 currently I am a buyer all day. Even if it goes up to just $10 its a nice profit. People are going to love Blink wait till Cos Players start doing here. Even Jubilee 1st appearance pulls over $10 now. The book currently is getting harder to find on ebay then it was a few months ago, but the print run for it was generous.

I was going to mention Jubilee as well, I am glad you referenced it.

I think you are right about the appeal of the character in terms of being able to dress up also asian actresses are becoming more popular in the super hero world due to sex appeal plus international recognition.

I have been picking up copies of 317 for about an average of 4 bucks each including shipping and for about 2 bucks in stores and at shows

Like you said even when the movie hits if they see 10-15 bucks thats still not a bad day !

the DF variants of 317

:shrug:

Not a variant in the true sense, just the regular book signed by various creators and inserted in a thick bag with a shiny DF sticker on the back and a fancy cert stating how lucky you are to own this limited collectible that is #x of #y.

Anyone know the deal with the red stripe vs. the foil stripe? It doesn't appear to be a 2nd print nor newsstand copy, but I only see 1 for every 20 or so foil covers.

I believe the red stripe denotes it is a 2nd print. There are other comics with the red stripe.

Anyone know the deal with the red stripe vs. the foil stripe? It doesn't appear to be a 2nd print nor newsstand copy, but I only see 1 for every 20 or so foil covers.

I believe the red stripe denotes it is a 2nd print. There are other comics with the red stripe.

It's not a second printing. It is simply a standard version of the issue that retailed for $1.00 less.

Also, I don't believe it's the newsstand version either, as I think I remember purchasing the holofoil 317 at my local grocery store.