• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ALEX + ADA by Jonathan Luna

172 posts in this topic

On the fence with this one, as mentioned by others it was quite slow moving with minimal dialogue which although I guess did add a small level of 'sophistication' however as the art wasn't great it didn't have me looking at the panels for all that long.

Overall an interesting concept and I'll stick around for #2 despite #1 not leaving a strong hook just to see where it goes but I could equally skip it and life would go on...

This book caught be off guard. I knew it was coming out and decided to thumb threw it at the store which turned into putting it in my pile and finally really liking it. Something about it stood out. I will be checking out issue 2.

stop pump the book for no reason, it's only the first issue. "minimal dialogue" is ok in a way. it's beyond the slow pace, nothing really happened in #1, except the last 2 page can be at page 3 or 4. Maybe #2 gets better.

I liked it.

It is true not a whole lot happened story-wise, but a lot of the panels were used to give context to the world Alex lives in.

I'm always a sucker for futuristic stuff, so I'm in for the first arc for sure.

stop pump the book for no reason, it's only the first issue. "minimal dialogue" is ok in a way. it's beyond the slow pace, nothing really happened in #1, except the last 2 page can be at page 3 or 4. Maybe #2 gets better.

Thought you were "passing"? :baiting:

This is definitely a place where people can "pump" books for any reason they choose. If you didn't like it then cool no biggie, but some of us did and are excited about where it's going. 2c

Though only 2 issues, I L-O-V-E this book.

Totally Luna.

Pat

Pat, based on your comments in different threads, I think we have the same pull list lol , and it appears we feel the same about the different books! Im loving Alex and Ada

Though only 2 issues, I L-O-V-E this book.

Totally Luna.

Pat

Pat, based on your comments in different threads, I think we have the same pull list lol , and it appears we feel the same about the different books! Im loving Alex and Ada

+1 I'm really enjoying this book too

For those of you who stuck around to pick up #3, it really starts to pick up and take an interesting direction. This book is one that I look forward to and have had my fiancé read also. Image is doing a great job in creating more books that I can convince her to read. Oh and if anyone has an extra #1 first print in NM let me know as I was only able to grab the second print.