• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ALEX + ADA by Jonathan Luna

172 posts in this topic

I really like this story, but I'm struggling with it being such a quick read. The art really isn't too detailed, so there isnt much to stare at, and the dialogue is very minimal, so I just blaze through each issue.

Doesnt mean they arent telling a great story...just means I might wait for the trade lol

I really like this story, but I'm struggling with it being such a quick read. The art really isn't too detailed, so there isnt much to stare at, and the dialogue is very minimal, so I just blaze through each issue.

Doesnt mean they arent telling a great story...just means I might wait for the trade lol

Sometimes less is more. I think thats the case here.

I actually hate the the "super-wordy, all dialogue, bubbles everywhere you look, takes 5-min-per-page, have to re-read just to remember everything."

There's a fine line for sure.

I just read #3, and I can tell that the action is about to pick up in this series. I agree that simplicity of the dialogue and art can make the story read briskly. For me, this comic is very enjoyable. The first three issues, seemingly, are the set up and issue 4 will be more of an exposition for all the setting up of the previous issues.

Has anyone seen the movie HER? This reminds me of it. Really enjoying the story so far, I think it's kind of asking the question of what makes a relationship real? Also go see HER if you haven't already, you'll like it if you like this.

This seems to be the main theme of the story.

Hey guys,

Anyone know how long this series will run for? I may just wait and buy the trade for the rest of the issues.

I thought the same, but I really like the covers and the matte paper stock so I keep picking each issue up. Same with Zero, each cover is too nice not to buy.

Has anyone seen the movie HER? This reminds me of it. Really enjoying the story so far, I think it's kind of asking the question of what makes a relationship real? Also go see HER if you haven't already, you'll like it if you like this.

I immediately thought of A+A while watching HER. I agree, great movie. Definitely, one of the best movies I've seen in a while. Hope A+A gets released in HC format when it's all said and done. It's setting itself up to be an epic story.

I immediately thought of A+A while watching HER. I agree, great movie. Definitely, one of the best movies I've seen in a while. Hope A+A gets released in HC format when it's all over said and done. It's setting itself up to be an epic story.

Agree!

#3 was funny too.

"What's your measurements?"

When Emily (I think her name is Emily) says 'I need to tell the guys this'... And you turn the page and they are all sitting on the couch lol

Good stuff!! Awesome book so far. Still early but surpassed EofW for me and standing alongside Saga.

I just re read all three issues. I got so much more out of it. Alex's mundane life is perfectly explained with the non-wordiness of the story. It was heart break, then work. Alex is machine-like, he is a clock that "ticks" to work and "tocks" to home. Any element of humanity, he seems to ignore and machine on. He had very little chance to mourn after his heart break. There is a lack of human emotions that usually accompanies a heart break. Then, an android, which is not a human, begins to pique Alex's curiosity and the philosophical musings begin. The beauty of the paradoxical story is that the questioning of what is the difference between existing and living is sparked by a non-living entity. The overhanging situational irony is beautiful. Then, the last page of issue 3 is a beautiful full page wide open shot. A symbolic page for the opening of the mind and the beginning of his quest, a hint of Prometheus. I am along for the ride here. There is truly more than meets the eye here.

I just re read all three issues. I got so much more out of it. Alex's mundane life is perfectly explained with the non-wordiness of the story. It was heart break, then work. Alex is machine-like, he is a clock that "ticks" to work and "tocks" to home. Any element of humanity, he seems to ignore and machine on. He had very little chance to mourn after his heart break. There is a lack of human emotions that usually accompanies a heart break. Then, an android, which is not a human, begins to pique Alex's curiosity and the philosophical musings begin. The beauty of the paradoxical story is that the questioning of what is the difference between existing and living is sparked by a non-living entity. The overhanging situational irony is beautiful. Then, the last page of issue 3 is a beautiful full page wide open shot. A symbolic page for the opening of the mind and the beginning of his quest, a hint of Prometheus. I am along for the ride here. There is truly more than meets the eye here.

:golfclap: Well said.