• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NOOB mistake ...... $35 lesson learned, probably worth it.

43 posts in this topic

Well I have started collecting again and started purchasing near the end of October.

Today I received a copy of Fantastic Four 67 and as I was taking it out of the gross board/bag to put in my fresh one it got hung up on the piece of tape. Immediately I knew I had a problem, cut around it and tried my best taking it off but ended up pulling up about an inch of print right over the "HIM" art at the bottom of the cover !

Oh well lesson learned, at least it was with one of the lower ends I bought !

Thought I would share the story hopefully make a couple of you laugh today !

Enjoy the afternoon !

EDIT - REQUESTED PICTURE

photo21_zpsba62b0fe.jpg

Thought I would share the story hopefully make a couple of you laugh today !

Doubt any of us will laugh...we've all done it.

Thankfully yours is on a lower graded, less valuable book. And if it was only worth $35, I doubt you lost a whole lot...maybe worth $20 now..so not a terrible loss.

Like you said, learn from your mistake.

Has the board ever had a most expensive book you tape pulled thread? Worst book I think I have ever tape pulled is an Avengers 55.

Go make one!

I once had my wife (girlfriend at the time) help me bag and board some early SA Daredevils. I didn't ask for the help, she really wanted too for whatever reason, so I said "sure, I'll bag and board and you can tape them down at the back"...

Well for whatever reason she put the tape on, THEN decided to pull out the book to look at it. Worse yet, when it did get stuck, instead of slowly trying to peel it back, she ripped it as fast as she could. Like a band aid... right off!

It wasn't a high end book (one in the 20's) but enough to make me :frustrated:

Has the board ever had a most expensive book you tape pulled thread? Worst book I think I have ever tape pulled is an Avengers 55.

Go make one!

I once had my wife (girlfriend at the time) help me bag and board some early SA Daredevils. I didn't ask for the help, she really wanted too for whatever reason, so I said "sure, I'll bag and board and you can tape them down at the back"...

Well for whatever reason she put the tape on, THEN decided to pull out the book to look at it. Worse yet, when it did get stuck, instead of slowly trying to peel it back, she ripped it as fast as she could. Like a band aid... right off!

It wasn't a high end book (one in the 20's) but enough to make me :frustrated:

I was actually sitting there thinking after i started the pull if i should just rip it like a band aid ...... when i was slow pulling i started seeing blue and i was like shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

I've had tape stick once, fortunately, I was able to remove tape without any cover coming off. Ever since then I've removed tape and then pulled comic out of bag.

I think you're not a collector until you've done a tape pull.