• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRADE IN - PGM Incredible Hulk Annual 1 Acquisition

15 posts in this topic

I'm a cover slut, I admit it. And this cover? I love it. I think this comic was a good snag.

What grade would you give it?

Details: Smells like virgin snow. Corners like a Maserati. No cover tears at the spine, surprising on a thick bound book. White pages. Glossy like your momma's toenails.

FRONT - person_without_enough_empathyIN' RES

REAR - ' RES

890nTmzl.jpg

Ba7pCdbl.jpg

Thanks once again, all.

timern, what drives the condition down in your view?

Hi David (just David?),

There is a small colour breaking crease TRHC front cover.

Corners are not as sharp as they should be for 9.0 or higher IMHO.

There is also impact damage on the bottom front cover that also shows possible colour breaking creases.

The back cover is almost flawless with the exception of slight staining/foxing on the LHS about midway down.

Hope this is informative,

Tim

Yes, David it is. :-)

Thank you, sir. That's useful information.

Just remember that is just my opinion and quite frankly I usually grade very hard in comparison to others. And I am not a professional grader either. You'll always get your final answers from CGC and we're not always pleased with those answers either! :o

Great book BTW! (thumbs u

Yes, David it is. :-)

Thank you, sir. That's useful information.

Just remember that is just my opinion and quite frankly I usually grade very hard in comparison to others. And I am not a professional grader either. You'll always get your final answers from CGC and we're not always pleased with those answers either! :o

Great book BTW! (thumbs u

It's not that I was displeased with your response. Just curious what you saw differently than others. I'm trying to improve with grading. It "feels" easier on the top end when there are fewer flaws, but that 8.5 to 9.0 range seems really slippery, though it can make such a difference on value.

That crease towards the bottom was the one hanging point when I bought this. I decided that it detracted very little from my own appreciation of the book and went ahead with the purchase.

But ya, was just curious what you were seeing. And glad you liked my description. :)