• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Counters on auctions?

Do you put them in?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Do you put them in?

6 posts in this topic

Yeah, I put them in...but I often wonder if it really contributes much to the auction. In review it does seem that if an item gets at least 25 views it will sell at the opening price. However, there are so many exceptions to this, i.e. book has two viewers who freely bid right from the start; book with over 50 views yet no one bids -kinda like the item with 10 watchers yet no one bids, agggh. I find myself going to my auctions too much just seeing if the book turns out to be as popular as I'd hoped.

I don't, because I've often noticed that when a page is loading, the counter is the last item to do so, and I'm often sitting and waiting too long just for this little thing that I don't care about anyway. I don't want to make potential buyers frustrated, so I don't include it. I would like to know how many people are viewing my items, but I prefer to let their $$ do the voting.

And another question, why not put them in?

I don't anymore, except on the gratuitous issues. I echo the thoughts of others: they often take forever to load, are not accurate, and plain don't work.

And what do I care how many hits the book gets? I'm the seller - it either sells or it doesn't. Almost as misleading as the number of "watchers" 27_laughing.gif