• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why the Difference in FF44 vs. FF45 CGC books

18 posts in this topic

This post is a follow up to my blog post on FF 47-60. I decided to take a look at FF 30-46. There were a few surprises in this bunch. Specifically...why are there relatively few copies on FF45 graded compared to FF44 and FF46? It seems counter intuitive. For more details and the data, click here .

Later

Todd

I believe that there will be a number of high grade submissions available in the next few months as more people will submit copies to be graded as Marvel continues to move the inhumans to center stage in the marvel universe.

Hi Todd, I believe there was a warehouse find of #44 so high grade copies are relatively common. #45 seldom comes up for sale in high grade.

There you have it! ^^

..... there may have been more returns on the 44..... the cloven hooved dude and the dragon may have turned off a lot of Moms in the Bible belt. There were warehouse finds of most of the Marvels from this period. I have an old friend who is probably 6' 3" and he has a photo of him standing bext to a stack of unread FF 48's that is almost as tall as he is.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Hi Todd, I believe there was a warehouse find of #44 so high grade copies are relatively common. #45 seldom comes up for sale in high grade.

There you have it! ^^

..... there may have been more returns on the 44..... the cloven hooved dude and the dragon may have turned off a lot of Moms in the Bible belt. There were warehouse finds of most of the Marvels from this period. I have an old friend who is probably 6' 3" and he has a photo of him standing bext to a stack of unread FF 48's that is almost as tall as he is.... GOD BLESS...

wow if you can find and post that FF48 pic that would be awesome! (thumbs u

Thanks for the replies everyone...I always figured that the warehouse finds involved specific months for all titles. For FF...there do appear to be an inordinate amount of FF44 and FF 59. Not on the scale of Thor 132...but definite spikes.

I second the motion for Jim to find the picture with the guy standing next to a stack of FF48's. Reminds me of a time at Wondercon in the SF bay area in the late 80's or maybe early 90's when a guy had a still tied-up bundle of Hulk 181. I don't remember what the book was going for then, but it couldn't have been that much. If only...

Anyway...I'll be back with more charts. These things are a fun to put together and interesting to stare at!

Cheers.

Besides the fact that FF45 features the first appearance of the Inhumans, has anyone else pointed out the iconic cover ?

The cover to 45 is gorgeous, but the one to 46 is iconic for the Inhumans fan.

There you have it! ^^

I'd love to see that picture!! :wishluck: