• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To re-hold or not to re-hold? That is the question.

15 posts in this topic

I just had a book returned to me because the case was "compromised." I've been buying and selling graded books for 13 years, and I can't be the only one who can slide a tiny part of a fingernail down the side of the case, (not whole side, just that center area) on rare occasions. The well hasn't been touched. As seen in the picture. The posts are secure. The book was freshly graded, and touched only once by me to photograph it. I have my opinions on the matter, but I'd like to get some thoughts from the gallery. And no, that's not my fingernail. :)C3E5E1EB-C0EF-411E-A592-E3A1DEA7FB05-7800-0000064A2E9E886D_zps1e86d70d.jpg

Shouldn't Sparkle City get a free reholder before trying to sell this on Ebay. Not sure how this made it past QC but compare the CGC label against what is actually inside the case. If somebody wins this, they may not be very pleased.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tomb-of-Dracula-12-CGC-9-6-2nd-Blade-App-Marvel-Bronze-Age-Comic-Horror-/350928851515?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item51b4fd523b

I think it's an honest mistake, I've bought from Sparkle and have always been happy. I'm More surprised that it's gotten as far as it has without notice, it shouldn't have made it through CGC, but to then get through Sparkle is pretty amazing. Maybe the "2" matches the "7" for some as a trick of the brain.

I think it's an honest mistake, I've bought from Sparkle and have always been happy. I'm More surprised that it's gotten as far as it has without notice, it shouldn't have made it through CGC, but to then get through Sparkle is pretty amazing. Maybe the "2" matches the "7" for some as a trick of the brain.

Unfortunately, there are a fair number of mislabeled books. Many of the errors have greater consequence than this one. I guess the pressure to turn around their backlog of books causes sloppiness in the QC step.

What was the buyers name? If he is that anal about the edge of the slab I don't need to sell him any comics.
Got the book back, and there was nothing wrong with it. Just wasted time. Glad he didn't break it.

What was the buyers name? If he is that anal about the edge of the slab I don't need to sell him any comics.
Got the book back, and there was nothing wrong with it. Just wasted time. Glad he didn't break it.

(thumbs u