• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade this copy of Ghost Rider #1

34 posts in this topic

I guess the only reason to slab it would be in anticipation of the movie..? How many BA Marvel keys in 7.5 or 8.0 are really worth slabbing? And is this one of them? I'm more of a SA / GA fan/collector, so I'll defer to the finer BA minds, but I would assume that if it comes back a 7.5 it wasn't worth slabbing.

If you decide to slab it, I'd be happy to make a little wager that this book gets no more than a 7.0...

Ok, so now that you guy's have all weighed in at somewhere between 7.0 devil.gif and 8.5 cloud9.gif

Q1) What would you list it as on eBay, and;

VF-, but I think you could still sleep at night calling it VF.

Q2) What size scan would you use? 3" (smaller), width 4"width (this one here), or 5" width (larger)?

This size is fine, but I don't think larger would be a bad thing. Definitely not smaller, though.

Or would you slab it first?

No, unless you want to sell it 4 or 5 months instead of now, and throw away half the comic's value (and your potential profit) in grading fees.

Thanks, d

You're quite welcome! hi.gif

As a person that may or may not have tracked the sales of a few hundred (give or take a few thousand) copies of this book...

Sell it raw, in this grade, for maximum profit.

List it with a small scan that doesn't let you see any of the flaws.

For some reason, the that bid on this book 893scratchchin-thumb.gif seem to randomly pay stupid money for books meeting certain criteria.

This phenomenon occurs once or twice a week, and it is more likely to happen on a book with a tiny scan, that is labeled "VF or better", and has some mention of the movie.

You want the scan to be juuuuuust small enough to prevent whatever flaws it has from being obvious.

I'm not saying it happens on all of them...but when the planets are alligned...you can fleece these insufficiently_thoughtful_persons 893scratchchin-thumb.gif for everything they have.

thumbsup2.gif

Whoa - lemme write that down

"fleece...insufficiently_thoughtful_persons...everything they have."

Don't wanna forget that!

My GR # 1 is a 9.2, maybe better with one specific press job done...looks like it came off the rack yesterday cool.gif

I would be willing to bet money that this GR 1 doesn't garner more than a 7.0 from CGC. And I'm not much of a gambler.

I honestly think 7.0 might be a tad generous... sorry... frown.gif

I'll take that bet. How about loser pays the grading fee?

garganthau wrote:

I guess the only reason to slab it would be in anticipation of the movie..? How many BA Marvel keys in 7.5 or 8.0 are really worth slabbing? And is this one of them? I'm more of a SA / GA fan/collector, so I'll defer to the finer BA minds, but I would assume that if it comes back a 7.5 it wasn't worth slabbing.

If you decide to slab it, I'd be happy to make a little wager that this book gets no more than a 7.0...

Take him divad! If you're short I'll stake you with my winnings from the Conan #34 thread. 27_laughing.gif

I would be willing to bet money that this GR 1 doesn't garner more than a 7.0 from CGC. And I'm not much of a gambler.

I honestly think 7.0 might be a tad generous... sorry... frown.gif

I'll take that bet. How about loser pays the grading fee?

Okay, works for me. If it comes back a 7.0 I win, anything higher I lose - correct?

Not sure I like a bet in which the best I can do is get someone else to put $ in CGC's pocket, but what the hell... tongue.gif

Not really interested in selling it just yet... had it for 25+ years, and it's really a beauty- one light bend in the LLC and if not for that, I think it might be a 9.6. Seriously. smile.gif

Sounds like a "gambler's story" to me 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif