• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine rebootededed

55 posts in this topic

Just saw on Marvels Facebook feed that they're rebooting Wolverine again. Apparently Marvel Now = Marvel Later'ish?

I stopped with the last reboot after 3 issues anyway, and there's pretty much zero chance I'll pick up the new title. It's sort of disappointing that these guys can't seem to just get back to their roots, tell a good story, and not up everything they put out.

Maybe 3rd (or 4th or 12th) time's a charm.

1450099_10151972305762488_490975781_n.jpg

Sighhhhh

Not surprising. The Marvel Now Wolverine series wasn't very good, and Savage Wolverine kinda sucked once Cho left, as much as I was interested in seeing Joe Mad's work. Marvel really has dropped the ball on Wolvie - it's almost as if they don't know what to do with the character because they gave away every mysterious and interesting aspect of him already.

I've read everything new on Wolverine for the past 9 or 10 months, and it just stinks. Pretty sad knowing how much writing talent is out there at Marvel.

I'm sick of the constant re-boots but I have actually really been enjoying the latest re-launch and the killable arc is one of my favs in recent memory. I am always thinking - why am I still buying this book - but for me the latest has really been fun. I am also guessing that is why it looks like he has armor built into his costume? Will this be a series where Wolverine has no healing factor?

Sighhhhh

Not surprising. The Marvel Now Wolverine series wasn't very good, and Savage Wolverine kinda sucked once Cho left, as much as I was interested in seeing Joe Mad's work. Marvel really has dropped the ball on Wolvie - it's almost as if they don't know what to do with the character because they gave away every mysterious and interesting aspect of him already.

I've read everything new on Wolverine for the past 9 or 10 months, and it just stinks. Pretty sad knowing how much writing talent is out there at Marvel.

This is spot on.

Savage Wolverine started off pretty good and then turned into a Dire Wraith fairly quickly.

The lowdown on the new Wolverine series (shrug)

I remember when they took away Wolverine's adamantium in the 90's :preach:, didn't work out too well:

bandana.gif

Yeah - that was bad. It was one of the reasons that drove me from reading comics altogether. They are so bad, I couldn't even go back and read them earlier this year. Horrific writing.

WhyTF does Wolverine need a gun???

Perhaps he's following in the footsteps of The Punisher. hm

Hundreds of weapons and thousands of reboots.

His claws are only what, 8 or 9 inches long? Bullets go farther obviously lol .

6, we did the math here

Wolvie's suit looks lame. :(

The thing I didn't get is that this "All-New Marvel NOW!" seems to implicitly require that series start over for the total change of branding from "Marvel NOW!" One article I read pointed out that Avengers wouldn't start over for "All-New Marvel NOW!" but that issue 24 would be considered the first issue of the "All-New Marvel NOW!" branding for that series.

There really needs to be a revolution in comics, and it seems it must come from the independents, or out of left field.

Perhaps comics are not for people like us. I read new comics and I read old comics. And I can tell you that even though Wolverine sucks right now, I'll probably re-read it down the line (or try to). Maybe comics are nothing more than little bits of entertainment and the notion of canon adherence and character development is just a short-lived happenstance that editors, writers and publisher stumble on to - rather than by purposeful design to which we all would love to believe.