• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grade these marvel-teamups

6 posts in this topic

I would take them out of the bag.

I would inspect the front cover.

I would inspect the back cover.

I would carefully inspect the interior pages.

That's how I would grade these books. thumbsup2.gif

They look like 9.4-9.6 range books to me.

I'd agree for the most part - but there's some "funkiness" (to use the technical term) going on with one or both staples on three of the four books. Not sure how much CGC would penalize for this, but I'd say a full .2 in the more egregious cases. And in at least one instance, I'm guessing that the staple is so mangled that it's affecting the tightness of the c-fold...

So I'd say they're all in the 9.2 - 9.4 range - assuming the back covers are pristine.

They look like 9.4-9.6 range books to me.

I'd agree for the most part - but there's some "funkiness" (to use the technical term) going on with one or both staples on three of the four books. Not sure how much CGC would penalize for this, but I'd say a full .2 in the more egregious cases. And in at least one instance, I'm guessing that the staple is so mangled that it's affecting the tightness of the c-fold...

So I'd say they're all in the 9.2 - 9.4 range - assuming the back covers are pristine.

based solely on the front covers in their bags, i'd agree that these look to be all in the 9.2 - 9.6 range. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks guys these books are really pristine except as you noted the lower staple on mtu # 18 and upper staple on mtu # 23 just wondering how much pain it will cost the grades.

Thanks again,

Joeno3 smile.gif