• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fess up who Cheated?

21 posts in this topic

893whatthe.gif

You mean a CGC collector's club member using the serial codes and looking up ranges of comics with nearby numbers to see if they could find Nikos' other comics...???893scratchchin-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gif

I think the score of my team clears us! 27_laughing.gif

I'm not a collector's club member. Never heard any of my teammates mention it either! 893applaud-thumb.gifmakepoint.gif

893whatthe.gif

You mean a CGC collector's club member using the serial codes and looking up ranges of comics with nearby numbers to see if they could find Nikos' other comics...???893scratchchin-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gif

I think the score of my team clears us! 27_laughing.gif

I'm not a collector's club member. Never heard any of my teammates mention it either! 893applaud-thumb.gifmakepoint.gif

Yup you nailed it. It definitely worked on a few books...But i can't possibly be guilty of it since I wasn't on a team.

You mean a CGC collector's club member using the serial codes and looking up ranges of comics with nearby numbers to see if they could find Nikos' other comics...???

No, and no one looked on Heritage either. yeahok.gif

You mean a CGC collector's club member using the serial codes and looking up ranges of comics with nearby numbers to see if they could find Nikos' other comics...???

I thought honor and honesty was an element of these boards . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I thought honor and honesty was an element of these boards . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

An element, yes. thumbsup2.gif

Yup, you shocked the hell out of me with your PM, and nailing Monsters on the Prowl. 893whatthe.gif

But I also want to thank you for telling me how you did it hail.gif

Don't worry about it Nikos, you ran the contest the right way. I, and most people on here probably, took it as a contest among gentlemen (certain boardmembers notwithstanding), not a win-at-all-costs grading showdown.

I feel sorry for anyone whose ego is so fragile that they needed to bolster it by cheating. Maybe next time, they can announce themselves at the beginning and I'll mail them one of Stuart Smalley's 2005 Daily Affirmation Desk Calendars in exchange for their resigning from the next contest. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif