• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preacher - AMC

1,535 posts in this topic

lol

For Preacher I still think with the larger audience (possibly TV audience?) that #1 is the book that will be sought after. Perhaps among hardcore collectors the Preview is more coveted.

Same here - took me forever to get one for my personal collection.

For comparison purposes, here's what the two books look like:

preacher-1-cgc-9.8-ss-f.jpg

preacher-preview-cgc-9.8-ss-copya-f.jpg

The #1 is usually the one that reflects being sought after in price though. Doesn't WD have Preview books with the difference of being contained in another title. You likely have more Previews than I do Michael but I personally have never valued it higher than #1.

I think it makes a large difference that this is a self-contained "issue" and not a couple of pages added to another book - I'd value the Preview at least 2x what a regular #1 goes for and probably even more in 9.8 :shrug:

I have about the same copies of both - I just personally favor the Preview, because #1s have always been very, very common.

And you balked at my 9.8 for $275 :whistle:

For Preacher I still think with the larger audience (possibly TV audience?) that #1 is the book that will be sought after. Perhaps among hardcore collectors the Preview is more coveted.

I think this is a great analysis.

Jeff, with that being said - :baiting: why don't you sell me one of those worthless Previews. ;)

I don't think there is a right or wrong answer. The #1 will have more mainstream appeal. The Preacher Preview is far and a away the toughest book in grade and will be important for Registry hounds, completists, and lovers of the "rarest" stuff. I always loved the Absolute Vertigo, which was the big book until those damn Preacher Previews made the scene!

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=14758&GSub=628

Agreed.

For Chew the hardest find by far is Chew:Behind the Scenes. To a hardcore collector it would get more than a #1. I would be very surprised if the average casual fan ever gave it a second look.

Dang it, Fingh! Every time I think I've got a sweet book, you pulled a signed version out yer butt! :baiting:

Love the Evil Ernie and Bone in your signature! :cloud9:

:shy: Thanks! (Fingh probably has triple-signed versions of them.)

Not true. (worship)

I have a couple. :grin: And would love to someday add a lower grade DD #1 with Stan's sig on it.

I think I'd like them a lot more if I got to witness the sig in person and I think placement is very important for me!

+1 I've seen many a book ruined in my eye because of a bad placement of the sig. Stan is notoriously bad about it.