• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preacher - AMC

1,535 posts in this topic

My olde timey Preacher memory was reading the letters and seeing Garth praise Stephen Hunter's "Dirty White Boys" as his favorite current novel then going to Barnes & Noble and ordering it.

I remember he wrote something along the lines...'If you make it past the first page you will be in for a treat...'

It was as good as he wrote it was.

Did anyone else search it out?

My olde timey Preacher memory was reading the letters and seeing Garth praise Stephen Hunter's "Dirty White Boys" as his favorite current novel then going to Barnes & Noble and ordering it.

I remember he wrote something along the lines...'If you make it past the first page you will be in for a treat...'

It was as good as he wrote it was.

Did anyone else search it out?

I've read that though it was independent of Ennis' recommendation. Most Hunter books are worth reading.

I have one.

I don't usually sell. I just "buy what I like" and am happy whether it's the hottest book or no one cares. (shrug)

I mean, I can say if it was going for crazy money like WD #1, I'd have to think long and hard about selling it obviously and look towards some SA goodness. But other than that, I'm happy just keeping it! (thumbs u