• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preacher - AMC

1,535 posts in this topic

:whee:

Hands down one of my favourite series ever. AMC has a shot at doing this well if it gets that far, but the story is so fantastical in places that I think keeping it true to the source and not coming off as being cheesy or OTT is going to be a fine line to tread. Sod the casting and pilot talk, really want to see who is going to be involved in the production and writing side of things, and we should see that before everything else is said and done.

Excited and nervous at the same time...

Will feel the same way until it gets put in competent hands and shown on HBO

Now, if I could just track down a nice original PREACHER page hm

+1

Nervous and excited at the same time. TWD is survival horror and human struggle... Preacher is a completely different beast to try and translate.

It must feel like a kick in the nuts to see this for fans that have been after Preacher art for a long time :(

Have always been happy to settle for con sketches when it comes to titles in the deeper end of the pool.

tlss3Oa.jpg

Excited and nervous at the same time...

Will feel the same way until it gets put in competent hands and shown on HBO

Now, if I could just track down a nice original PREACHER page hm

To track one down all you have to do is look at your inventory. Are you setting up at Amazing Arizona?

I'll be at the PHX Comic Con in June, but not the Amazing Arizona.

But in both cases you're about 0% likely to find me with a PREACHER page for sale. (Just found a stash of a dozen pages, don't tell anyone :gossip: )

Time to list some triple signed SS books on eBay hm

:gossip: They don't have to watch.

They kind of have to for a show to sustain.

Not all of them, but a decent amount. And I know the negative-to-neutral press around the show can be good at first, but there aren't a lot of companies who will be lining up for ad slots considering some of the content from the book.

Unless they water it down to make it a little accessible. But then we all lose... doh!

I think you believe too much of what you hear in the news. I've lived in the Northeast, Midwest (75% of my life) , South, and Texas lol

People are are lot more openminded everywhere than they are given credit for imo. I don't want to go to far down this road because I don't want to be banned for politics. I think we have a lot more in common than is portrayed in the news.

It looks like #1 was having trouble getting over $20 a few weeks ago and around $20 to $30 for VF to Nm in the last week. The most recent cgc 9.8 sold for $185 plus shipping. I think all of these are too cheap knowing that a TV show is in the works. My guess is it will work its way back up to the $70 range raw once everybody hears about the show. CGC 9.8s ? The sky is the limit imo.

What do you think ?

It looks like #1 was having trouble getting over $20 a few weeks ago and around $20 to $30 for VF to Nm in the last week. The most recent cgc 9.8 sold for $185 plus shipping. I think all of these are too cheap knowing that a TV show is in the works. My guess is it will work its way back up to the $70 range raw once everybody hears about the show. CGC 9.8s ? The sky is the limit imo.

What do you think ?

I think you are right on.

Although I believe what we will see in the coming weeks is this thread probably going to descend into arguments from people who don't have anything invested in this title and people who do. I was able to pick up quite a few just as the news broke(lets see if they get delivered).

Although I will probably steer clear of this thread because I have a feeling people who don't have any copies will be on a negative nancy trash fest.

What do you think ?

Although I believe what we will see in the coming weeks is this thread probably going to descend into arguments from people who don't have anything invested in this title and people who do. I was able to pick up quite a few just as the news broke(lets see if they get delivered).

Although I will probably steer clear of this thread because I have a feeling people who don't have any copies will be on a negative nancy trash fest.

I wish I would have had the foresight to grab these last night. I have 1 measly book that I wouldn't sell unless this thing gets nuts. Who knows, this might pull some old collectors who bailed out, back in. A lot of people, me included, loved Preacher.

What do you think ?

Do you realize how silly this post is or is it just to get a response?