• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preacher - AMC

1,535 posts in this topic

Just curious... Before the news broke how much was preacher issue 1 going for?

$10-$20 - $40 in that range

for the schizz . . . I never sold a HG Preacher #1 for less than $60, and generally higher. ;)

I can't wait for the inevitable "Preacher #1 club". :ohnoez:

Just make it a CGC 9.8 Preacher Preview club.

It's only got 8 on the census. lol

And one of them WAS mine :grin:

I should have said 14 on the census. 8 universal, 6 signature. (thumbs u

I can't wait for the inevitable "Preacher #1 club". :ohnoez:

Just make it a CGC 9.8 Preacher Preview club.

It's only got 8 on the census. lol

And one of them WAS mine :grin:

I should have said 14 on the census. 8 universal, 6 signature. (thumbs u

Yeah, I do believe the buyer had it subsequently signed. :P

So what's going to end up being THE book to have if Preacher comes to fruition, the Vertigo preview, the NN Preacher Preview, or Preacher #1?

(shrug) To each his own, but I vote for this one (it's the only one of substance):

p1as.jpg

So what's going to end up being THE book to have if Preacher comes to fruition, the Vertigo preview, the NN Preacher Preview, or Preacher #1?

I was wondering this as well. hm I was so happy to get my Preacher #1 9.8 and then saw someone throw up a Preacher Preview and thought - :ohnoez: Another I need to get?! :cry:

What IS the Preacher Preview anyway? (shrug)

It's been easy to snag 3x vol.1 #1 for $30 a piece.... but a week ago it would have been sweeter at $20. Hopefully one will cover most of the other two. Really depends on who is going to fold early this time around.

The whole premis of a show had me thinking a lot about if it makes more sense to keep the core story and tweak the ending. It could easily be turned around into a benevolent thing, so to say/speak, although it would lose some of its punch. Speculation aside I am still biting my nails over the whole thing... part of me still would prefer it never to see the light of day if it wasn't done right, part of me just wants to see someone take a real shot at this.

Preacher 1 will be the book to get. The preview is as its title suggests, which tend to hold much less in the eyes of collectors (based on a sampling of me). What all the kids should be scrambling for is the first issue.

I <3 Preacher. Such a great story.

Preacher 1 will be the book to get. The preview is as its title suggests, which tend to hold much less in the eyes of collectors (based on a sampling of me). What all the kids should be scrambling for is the first issue.

But was the Preview sold on shelves, given out as an Retailer incentive, was it thrown into Previews or something back in the day? A FCBD sort of thing? Where did one pick one up when it was released?

And I'm buried in reading all of the Preacher TPB's right now [even though I took a YTLM detour right now]. I skipped over #4 - Ancient History because it seems to have sidestepped the continuing story. For those of you who have read the entire series start to finish, was that a wise decision or am I going to miss something? (shrug)

But was the Preview sold on shelves, given out as an Retailer incentive, was it thrown into Previews or something back in the day? A FCBD sort of thing? Where did one pick one up when it was released?

And I'm buried in reading all of the Preacher TPB's right now [even though I took a YTLM detour right now]. I skipped over #4 - Ancient History because it seems to have sidestepped the continuing story. For those of you who have read the entire series start to finish, was that a wise decision or am I going to miss something? (shrug)

If you don't do it cover to cover then you will end up with a case of "Not enough gun."

Since this is a mid-90s DC book, safe to say they ran the presses on it?

According to Comichron it ranked 75th with an order index of 28.2

I am assuming that is 28,200 copies ordered?

I don't know the print run, but it was way, way more than 28,200. Those factors are usually based on UXM - so Preacher 1 sold 28.2 copies for every 100 copies of UXM that sold that month.

Since this is a mid-90s DC book, safe to say they ran the presses on it?

According to Comichron it ranked 75th with an order index of 28.2

I am assuming that is 28,200 copies ordered?

I don't know the print run, but it was way, way more than 28,200. Those factors are usually based on UXM - so Preacher 1 sold 28.2 copies for every 100 copies of UXM that sold that month.

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/1995/1995-02Diamond.html

27 Web of Spider-Man 123 $1.50 Marvel 56.0

Capital City Distribution had preorders of 35,550 copies of Web of Spider-Man #123, the item, and the title's Statement of Ownership reported average monthly sales of 172,992 copies for the year. Diamond's sales on that issue were likely in the 65,000-copy range, meaning one point on this chart equals 1,100-1,200 comic books sold by Diamond.

— John Jackson Miller

75 Preacher 1 $2.95 DC 28.2

(shrug)