• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade in - PGM: X-Men 4

16 posts in this topic

Nice structurally. main flaws are on the cover with some trauma to the lower left side of the book which makes some waves that could be pressed out. The crease does not run the full length- just to toad's mouth. some Junk near the M and under angels wing. I sold this on ebay and the seller couldn't pay! oye....figure I might send it in to CGC to sell for more? This was when I was in my superhero phase...

z6dq.jpg

gdz1.jpg

Is that a near dime sized stain to the left of "The" and above "Return" in the "The Return of the Dreaded Magneto!" blurb? It looks like one.

w/ stain 5.0

w/o stain 5.5/6.0

That crease kills most press potential IMO.

yes it is. good eye I missed that on the first go around....

No worries. :)

I stand by my earlier grade and I think it would press 6.0.

Which is big increase from 5.0, especially considering I said the crease kills most press potential. CGC is so weak on this grade range right now. I felt like I needed to clarify what seemed like a contradiction.

yes it is. good eye I missed that on the first go around....

No worries. :)

I stand by my earlier grade and I think it would press 6.0.

Which is big increase from 5.0, especially considering I said the crease kills most press potential. CGC is so weak on this grade range right now. I felt like I needed to clarify what seemed like a contradiction.

Yes. In hand I can't imagine this not getting a 6.0, but small defects and stuff like you said made me advertise it as a 5.0 cautiously.

I totally agree the mid grades are so unpredictable right now....!!!!!!!!

No higher than 4.5 for me, the small water spot, color breaking diagonal crease, crescent crease at the lower right, moderate amount of spine ticks, and what looks like a few dimples ( which may press out) combine to keep this book well under 6.0 IMHO. CGC has seemed to be all over the place on 4.0 - 6.0 grading as of late ( based on scans anyway), and what part of that range they'd choose for this book is a roll of the dice as far as I can tell.

CGC 5.5. I agree and am happy. this is a nice mid grade. Was expecting a 4.5/5 worst case- 5.5/6 ideal. I did have it pressed by susan cicconi and all the waviness disappeared. she made it look great.

I spent 100 bucks on this 2 years ago and all my friends thought I was crazy spending that much on a comic. Sigh...

CGC 5.5. I agree and am happy. this is a nice mid grade. Was expecting a 4.5/5 worst case- 5.5/6 ideal. I did have it pressed by susan cicconi and all the waviness disappeared. she made it look great.

I spent 100 bucks on this 2 years ago and all my friends thought I was crazy spending that much on a comic. Sigh...

Congratulations! smiley-gen130.gif