• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HG SA Green Lanterns

19 posts in this topic

i'm going to reduce the already reduced prices on the following 3 GL's currently up on the Pedigree website.

they are #'s 11, 13 and 16. all are graded unrestored 9.2's and all have off-white/white pages. no one knows for sure what the number of these out there are, but the availability has been pretty minimal in this condition.

the bulk cost will be $3200.

here they are; (PM me if interested........)

1099570305313_GL_s.jpg

1096151706017_GL_s_001.jpg

1097590270554_GL_s_002.jpg

Great looking copies of some very hard-to-find books, Harry. Having acquired a couple of gorgeous books from the "Sid's Luncheonette" pedigree, I can see from the scans that these are more stellar examples from your terrific collection. And Gil Kane was really at his best with those early GL covers, too.

Good luck with the sale. thumbsup2.gif

Oh th memories that #16 brings back. I was in nursey school when that came out.Couldn't read a word but poured over that book for weeks. Of course my copy was coverless back then.

Nursery school and already drooling over Star Sapphire - for shame........ grin.gif

Harry, why don't you just put your books up on eBay? HG early SA GLs have gotten pretty decent prices lately on eBay, as we've discussed before.

i've never sold a book on e-bay. perhaps i should give it a try. nothing ventured - nothing gained.............. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The only problem is if you start now with zero or low feedback, people will think you are scamming and stole your scans from the Pedigree web site! stooges.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

hadn't thought about that......... grin.gif

actually i have a great feedback record, albeit all as a buyer, so far........... acclaim.gif

The only problem is if you start now with zero or low feedback, people will think you are scamming and stole your scans from the Pedigree web site! stooges.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

hadn't thought about that......... grin.gif

actually i have a great feedback record, albeit all as a buyer, so far........... acclaim.gif

That would be ironic! 27_laughing.gif I'm not trying to take away business from Doug, but if they're not moving on his site, I say give it a shot with a reserve that you feel comfortable with. Worst case scenario is you'll be out the listing and reserve fees, which are not huge.

Don't waste your money on a reserve price. Just list them at the minimum you will take. If they don't sell, you'll probably be out a whole fifteen dollars for the group.

Basically, you already have some idea of the prices people are willing to pay (from the bids).

Don't waste your money on a reserve price. Just list them at the minimum you will take.

I really disagree with this approach. The best way to get action going on your books is to list at a low starting price and protect yourself with a reserve. I rarely see bidding frenzies on books that started really high. Just my two cents.

Don't waste your money on a reserve price. Just list them at the minimum you will take.

I really disagree with this approach. The best way to get action going on your books is to list at a low starting price and protect yourself with a reserve. I rarely see bidding frenzies on books that started really high. Just my two cents.

I disagree with BOTH approaches. List them at five bucks and LET IT RIDE.

Ha

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From what I gather, Harry (Burntboy) is only going to sell these if he gets the price he wants. To me a reserve is good if you need to get a feel for what people are willing to pay. I rarely bid on a book if the "reserve is not met". I''ll either wait till its met, or bid at the last minute to see if I do meet the reserve.

But there's a real chance that these books might not sell, so why pay an additional fee to find that out.

Dan, I guess I'm just more risk averse than you are! For small-ticket books, I've set minimal starting prices and no reserve. But for big ticket books, no way, although I've certainly seen many people sell successfully this way.

yeahok.gif