• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone hear from Bob Beerbohm lately?

784 posts in this topic

There have been times I have seen him attacked on these boards for no apparent reason. That is one reason why he is no longer posting here, and I don't blame him.

Mark, all appreciate your effort, input, and clarification but let's not feed this fallacy that Bob was somehow a victim. If Bob was jumped on the 341th time with no provocation its because he instigated it the other 340 times. At least that's certainly how I recall those threads.

Mark, while I can appreciate your attempting to maintain a position of neutrality - and even getting involved in this mess in the first place earns well-deserved kudos for you - I have to emphasize that just because there was "no apparent reason" to you, that doesn't mean that a plethora of reasons don't exist (because they do).

If some of those reasons weren't apparent then, then they should be readily apparent now.

Issues with BLB have been simmering in this hobby for a long, long time. It's only natural that all-hell is going to break loose when the lid finally gets lifted off his own personal Pandora's box.

No one is going to tell you how to act or feel Mark, but it needs to be understood that this situation is clearly all of BLB's own making.

It never ends with him. Never.

The prosecution rests.

Steve, you are not an innocent party in this either. I have no doubt that Bob has played a significant role in creating some of these issues, but there are two sides to each of these stories. You know this quite well as a former police officer and I know it as a lawyer.

And please don't patronize me by telling me no one will tell me how to act or feel and then at the same time say "this situation is clearly all of BLB's own making."

FYI, I am not going to engage you in a back and forth as to who shares the blame so please spare me. At the very least a number of you have contributed to a negative environment on these boards, regardless of who deserved it, if at all.

Truly sorry that you're upset Mark - I gave you well-deserved kudos for getting involved in the first place, and I will repeat that here again.

The Board will judge my behavior here, as they will judge BLB, and I'm perfectly OK with that.

But this is not about you or me or the Man From the Moon. Please allow this final word to reiterate our community's hope that Matthew is made whole, and as soon as possible - everything else is tangential.

Good night.

Bob, I know you are reading this, and you feel the the odds are against you on this board…..but if you do speak up and I pray that you do….I want you to listen to this first…

I know you can do it……."G.F.N." :applause:

The board posting are here to educate….

A little story related to me secondhand from a very reliable source...

The reason Beerbohm might no longer be setting up in San Diego is because of a little lawsuit. It seems that Bob broke a woman's foot with either his scooter or pushcart in the lobby of the convention center after he screamed and hollered and berated one of the door-persons who asked him to go to the dealers loading door. Dear old Bob, who we all know is hobbled by his ailing hips, refused to let simple rules stop him from trying to barge through a restricted area by playing the handicapped card. The fact that he was either A) using a scooter which shouldn't have been a hindrance to his hips, or B) pushing a dolly full of comics with those same hips never swayed Bob from the stance that he didn't want to walk the extra distance to go through the correct doors. So he complains to the door guy with such fervor that eventually they give in and let him through. Well in his anger and haste to get in the convention hall he ran over a girl and broke her foot. She sues the convention for $1,000,000! She probably would have sued Bob as well, but other than Matt's $3600 he doesn't have two nickels to rub together. Anyway, the Convention settles with the broken foot for $35,000 or so for medical expenses and the organizers are less than enthusiastic about allowing our resident historian to have a booth at any future show.

There have been times I have seen him attacked on these boards for no apparent reason. That is one reason why he is no longer posting here, and I don't blame him.

Mark, all appreciate your effort, input, and clarification but let's not feed this fallacy that Bob was somehow a victim. If Bob was jumped on the 341th time with no provocation its because he instigated it the other 340 times. At least that's certainly how I recall those threads.

Mark, while I can appreciate your attempting to maintain a position of neutrality - and even getting involved in this mess in the first place earns well-deserved kudos for you - I have to emphasize that just because there was "no apparent reason" to you, that doesn't mean that a plethora of reasons don't exist (because they do).

If some of those reasons weren't apparent then, then they should be readily apparent now.

Issues with BLB have been simmering in this hobby for a long, long time. It's only natural that all-hell is going to break loose when the lid finally gets lifted off his own personal Pandora's box.

No one is going to tell you how to act or feel Mark, but it needs to be understood that this situation is clearly all of BLB's own making.

The prosecution rests.

Steve, you are not an innocent party in this either. I have no doubt that Bob has played a significant role in creating some of these issues, but there are two sides to each of these stories. You know this quite well as a former police officer and I know it as a lawyer.

And please don't patronize me by telling me no one will tell me how to act or feel and then at the same time say "this situation is clearly all of BLB's own making."

FYI, I am not going to engage you in a back and forth as to who shares the blame so please spare me. At the very least a number of you have contributed to a negative environment on these boards, regardless of who deserved it, if at all.

At this point anyone, ANYONE, who defends Bob Beerbohm, shares the blame. If you defend Bob Beerbohm you share the blame.

Mitch, this thread was created to call Bob out for not shipping a significant order. Posting positive stories about Bob's contributions to the hobby are an attempt to hijack this thread. .

READ THE ABOVE POSTS… positive or negative which are not related to the shipment of matt books only then.....are you calling MR BEDROCK a highjacker………

That makes 2 apologies that you owe

The prosecution rests.

At this point anyone, ANYONE, who defends Bob Beerbohm, shares the blame. If you defend Bob Beerbohm you share the blame.

The Blame for what….the high price of Gas, WWII, Bernie Madoff, Obamacare, and the Wolf of Wall Street……the list is endless BR.

Amazing how (par for the course) the victimizer becomes the victim while you just got trashed to the Nth degree. This BS has reached a new level of repulsive. Sorry you got tangled up in this epic train wreck, Matt. Nobody deserves this type of disrespect, and bashing, for doing nothing more than to make a buy to help a sad sack.

BOB Has replied on his own thead… The"Man" has spoken…GOD BLESS HIM

God bless a thief, no really it's ok if your a thief if you are a historian. Kind of like the Divine right of a self professed "King" you can say what ever drivel comes to mind. For some reason when you speak I visualize the gimp in "Pulp fiction" and Beerbohm thinking of the next move and lightly rapping his finger's on your hooded head.

Unknown_zpsa7a092ac.jpeg

Unbelievable the turns this thread has taken.

There is only one answer: Either the books get shipped or they don't.

End of.

Everything else is just a waste of time.

End of.

(thumbs u

READ THE ABOVE POSTS… positive or negative which are not related to the shipment of matt books only then.....are you calling MR BEDROCK a highjacker………

That makes 2 apologies that you owe

do you know "bugsy?" i have a notion of how he may think you can get that apology.

End of.

disagree. unless you mean all of our time spent in a funnybook chatroom is a waste of time. i don't---i come here for entertainment, and in a morbid sort of way, this is about the most entertaining thread i can remember. i'll keep wasting my time here, thank you.