• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Building a Golden Age DC collection from the ground up
1 1

282 posts in this topic

I have to say I'm thoroughly enjoying this thread. I've been following it since you started it.

I've been kicking around the idea of chasing early Batman and Green Hornet (Schomberg) comics for awhile now. Everything I have is either silver or bronze. I'm not quite ready to part with what I've acquired up to this point but you're giving me hope that with some patience I could build a nice golden age collection and it wouldn't break the bank.

Keep up the hunt!! (thumbs u

It's a Christmas miracle! :whee:

Not only am I expecting the delivery of my Superman #2 via FedEx today, but by the beard of Jolly Ol' Saint Nick, the ACTION #22 ARRIVED!!!!

Ironically, I discovered this morning it's still for sale on COMICLINK.

ACTION COMICS #22

Needless to say, it's not for sale. lol

And I'm tickled pink with it. :cloud9:

Not only am I expecting the delivery of my Superman #2 via FedEx today, but by the beard of Jolly Ol' Saint Nick, the ACTION #22 ARRIVED!!!!

ACTION COMICS #22

Great news! Glad it arrived and you're happy with it. :)

ACTION COMICS #22

Congrats! :applause:

I have to say I'm thoroughly enjoying this thread. I've been following it since you started it.

I've been kicking around the idea of chasing early Batman and Green Hornet (Schomberg) comics for awhile now. Everything I have is either silver or bronze. I'm not quite ready to part with what I've acquired up to this point but you're giving me hope that with some patience I could build a nice golden age collection and it wouldn't break the bank.

Keep up the hunt!! (thumbs u

Glad you're enjoying it, my friend! One of my goals was to be able to do something with collecting wherein I could share the experience with others. It's nowhere near as fun to put together a collection without being able to share the experience!

Some day you might just get tired and bored with Silver/Bronze and decide to sell your entire collection. Let me tell you it won't be easy. In fact, it will be painful. But after you do it, and aim your focus on GA for a fresh start... it'll feel like a weight's been lifted off your shoulders. (thumbs u

Glad you're enjoying it, my friend! One of my goals was to be able to do something with collecting wherein I could share the experience with others. It's nowhere near as fun to put together a collection without being able to share the experience!

Some day you might just get tired and bored with Silver/Bronze and decide to sell your entire collection. Let me tell you it won't be easy. In fact, it will be painful. But after you do it, and aim your focus on GA for a fresh start... it'll feel like a weight's been lifted off your shoulders. (thumbs u

I just read the whole thread and (thumbs u To be honest I see my collecting following a very similar path as yours and fully expect to fall into the pit of becoming a GA DC collector. (I try to stay out of this section as much as possible for fear of being sucked in.) I already shun most post 1965 except for the few runs I collect and a couple of books I like, and At this point most of my big books I want are the earliest of the DC SA keys.

I can't wait to watch the journey unfold.

I just read the whole thread and (thumbs u To be honest I see my collecting following a very similar path as yours and fully expect to fall into the pit of becoming a GA DC collector. (I try to stay out of this section as much as possible for fear of being sucked in.) I already shun most post 1965 except for the few runs I collect and a couple of books I like, and At this point most of my big books I want are the earliest of the DC SA keys.

I can't wait to watch the journey unfold.

Come on, Nathan! Join the brotherhood! :baiting:

I'm in love. :cloud9:

ACTION COMICS #13 (CC)

Of course, I know I don't stand a chance on this one, even though it's my #1 grail.

What do you guys think it'll go for?

The brittle pages should hurt the price, but these days early Actions seem to transcend defects. I'm not a brittle page guy at all, so I wouldn't buy it at any price. But, that is just me

ACTION COMICS #13 (CC)

Of course, I know I don't stand a chance on this one, even though it's my #1 grail.

The brittle pages should hurt the price, but these days early Actions seem to transcend defects. I'm not a brittle page guy at all, so I wouldn't buy it at any price. But, that is just me

It's me, too.

ACTION COMICS #13 (CC)

What would you guess though, Bill? 6k? More? Just curious if I should even bother.

ACTION COMICS #13 (CC)

maybe $10k give or take a few grand up or down.

So you're telling me there's a chance! lol

Actually, the only laughing involved would be from the people at my bank.

ACTION COMICS #13 (CC)

maybe $10k give or take a few grand up or down.

So you're telling me there's a chance! lol

Actually, the only laughing involved would be from the people at my bank.

down payment in your sig line :)

ACTION COMICS #13 (CC)

It's me, too.

And me.

Great news on the books CB! (thumbs u

Just picked up a small piece on the 'Bay tonight.

FLASH COMICS #94 (raw/FR)

Grabbed it because I love me some Hawkman covers and this one is pretty cool. I'm not really up on the specific or individual scarcity of late run Flash Comics, but I am familiar with them being pretty hard to come by. At any rate, a pretty cool low grade book to add into the mix for relatively little investment.

z05r.jpg

FLASH COMICS #94 LISTING