• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alan Davis Fall of the Mutants poster art - Where is it?

11 posts in this topic

That one would be a dream come true, for sure. I have the original poster hanging in my comic room. I remember that my LCS had it on their wall and it made an impression on me when I was a kid. When I grew up I managed to track down a sharp, flat copy of the poster, and that is likely as close as I'll ever come to the real thing!

I was responsible for that poster when I was the advertising manager at Marvel. I am pretty sure I did the basic layout and hired Alan to do it.

The coloring was done in blue line (back then, an acetate overlay of the inked art over blue lines which could be fully painted).

From a printer/production standpoint, we worked from the blue line art.

I know we kept the original art in the promotions department for a long time after that, which we did with ALL the art we commissioned, but I left the department to become an editor and don't know what happened to it after that.

I would hope it would have been returned to Alan at some point, but unfortunately, I can't vouch that it was.

- Fabian

I was responsible for that poster when I was the advertising manager at Marvel. I am pretty sure I did the basic layout and hired Alan to do it.

The coloring was done in blue line (back then, an acetate overlay of the inked art over blue lines which could be fully painted).

I know we kept the original art in the promotions department for a long time after that, which we did with ALL the art we commissioned, but I left the department to become an editor and don't know what happened to it after that.

I would hope it would have been returned to Alan at some point, but unfortunately, I can't vouch that it was.

- Fabian

[font:Book Antiqua]

Welcome to the boards.

Always nice to talk with a professional of the industry.

looking forward for your contribution on this board..!

[/font]

:hi:

- Fabian

Thanks Fabian! I appreciate you taking time to post to this topic.