• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF Heaven!

42 posts in this topic

These are all killer books. I would agree with the Burntboy's comment that the 34 seems to be a stronger 9.4 than the 25, at least based on the scans.

Personally, I love a good date stamp. I respect FF's collecting preference, but I wouldn't let it hold me back if I were in the market for a high grade copy, especially considering how unobtrusive this particular stamp is and how uncommon the book is in grade.

Defect fetishes are great because they provide an easy escape if you need to talk yourself out of a purchase. Just about everyone has their own, and they can be very convenient during a time of weakness!

Then I think you need to add "with no date stamps" to your signature line. poke2.gif

Goes without saying!!! Should I also put no handwriting, SSS, bad miswraps, tan pages, qualified/restored, color fading, manufactured with only one staple, or boogers hard-fixed to the case?

If the date stamp was good enough for the kid who bought it off the newsstand, it's good enough for me. cloud9.gif I almost didn't even notice this date stamp anyway because it's so small. And it doesn't impact the integrity of the book, so it isn't the same thing as faded colors, tanned pages, or boogers.

Actually as of now I have yet to lower a books grade due to boogers! stooges.gif

West

great books, but my initial reaction was that the 34 in 9.4 looked a lot nicer than the 25 in 9.4.

Definitely. The 25 has some visible stress at the spine, the upper left corner is a tad blunted with color break, and the top edge has some slight overhang that looks indented. Still a gorgeous book, but the 34 appears much sharper in the scans shown.

A legend?

Hey Bob,

I'll give you a dollar if you say something nice about a fellow dealer in the next 10 minutes. confused-smiley-013.gif

sign-funnypost.gif didn't happen either - better kick up the offer.......... grin.gif

No, he's not reading this thread anymore. He's busy over in Moondog's thread trying to kiss up and get a piece of that Spidey collection. 27_laughing.gif

stooges.gif Just messing with you Bob. flowerred.gif

Judgment from a scan is a bit tough, there could easily be something not visible, the "true" judgment would be seeing them out of the slab.

I agree 100%, which is why I qualified my statement. On top of that, we're not even seeing the back covers.

I'm selectively obsessive-compulsive. All my neighbors hate me because I let my grass grow up to about 6 to 10 inches or so before I mow!

And you carry that like a badge of honor? foreheadslap.gif

In my neighborhood, that's called "lazy." We have very strict standards when it comes to lawn and yard appearance... a date stamp would be the last of your worries. grin.gif27_laughing.gif

To be fair, you could ask that same question of any number of posters. confused-smiley-013.gif

I don't think the nature of most posters' postings have changed significantly recently. But Bob's have been exceedingly person_without_enough_empathyy lately, and I was just curious as to why.